Sailing Weather for the Week Ahead at Weatherweb.TV

Forum for general cruising topics
lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace 1000

Postby lady_stormrider » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:06 pm

My skipper likes me to whisper this forecast in his ear as he turns in for the night in his four-poster in his cabin.

"Probable nor'easter to sou'west winds, varying to the southward and westward and eastward and points between; high and low barometer, sweeping round from place to place; proable areas of rain, snow, hail and drought, succeeded or precedented by earthquakes with thunder and lightning"
Became a full-time sailor at the end of May

Arghiro
Old Salt
Boat Type: Pentland Ketch

Postby Arghiro » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:34 pm

lady_stormrider wrote:My skipper likes me to whisper this forecast in his ear as he turns in for the night in his four-poster in his cabin.

"Probable nor'easter to sou'west winds, varying to the southward and westward and eastward and points between; high and low barometer, sweeping round from place to place; proable areas of rain, snow, hail and drought, succeeded or precedented by earthquakes with thunder and lightning"

Thank you, that is soooo much better, I can hear you clearly now :D

lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace 1000

Postby lady_stormrider » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:44 pm

I tend to only shout in the pink if I lose my temper with the valves on the Rediffusion if they fail to warm up before the shipping forecast - or if I hold the mast in place just as it cuts through the coaxial for the VHF...

Oh and as a lady I never swear in pink - except when the boom from an 18ft Beneteau lands on my head!
Became a full-time sailor at the end of May

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Seastream 34

Sailing performance

Postby DaveS » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:24 pm

claymore wrote:I seem to remember beating up the Sound of Mull on a Chents cruise, thrashing Avilion - I think you were there....is your memory not whit it was?

A dinna ken, still the same auld delusions...

Return to “Shooting the breeze”