Thank you Wales!

Forum for general cruising topics
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Thank you Wales!

Postby marisca » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Really is the land of my father so not entirely anti-English - brought great cheer to an otherwise dismal telly-watching afternoon. Why, oh why can't our lot play as if they meant it for all the 80 minutes?

moomba
Able Seaman
Boat Type: 42ft moody ketch

Re: Thank you Wales!

Postby moomba » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:20 pm

True True , Wales were outstanding against England , the old tactical mind of Warren played the English to a tee , the usual English High ball was neutralized by the flying welsh , and the Welsh Pack hit just as hard and was off there line like a flea on fire
The Scots Had a lot of injuries and there main play maker was injured , but they play with a lack of form by throwing the ball out wide, and the French gave a masterclass on ball handling , it felt we were going backwards, will be interesting getting Wales and England at MurrayField

cpedw
Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Postby cpedw » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:54 pm

moomba wrote: like a flea on fire
There's a simile I've not encountered before. I wonder if an opportunity will arise for me to use it, and I wonder if, when that opportunity does arise, I will remember it!

moomba
Able Seaman
Boat Type: 42ft moody ketch

Postby moomba » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:53 pm

copyright sorry . but I can let you use it for a small token , of one of yours .like a swapsy :lol:

Return to “Shooting the breeze”