A Begging Letter

Forum for general cruising topics
Pete Cooper
Old Salt
Boat Type: Micro Gem 550 Super Yacht

A Begging Letter

Postby Pete Cooper » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 pm

I have signed up to do a Dryathlon - no alcohol for the whole of January - the idea is to raise some support for Cancer Research UK. This is a worthwhile cause as most of us will know of people who have suffered because of cancer so any support would be greatly appreciated.
So far I have found it harder than I anticipated. I daren't drink during the week as I have to get up for work so my drinking for at least the last year has been concentrated into weekends and last weekend, my first drink free for quite a while, was really hard - and I have 3 more to get through :shock:
Anyway if anybody would like to support me this link will take you to the appropriate page:
http://www.justgiving.com/Pete-Cooper-dryathlete
Thank you.

Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30

Re: A Begging Letter

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Pete Cooper wrote:I have signed up to do a Dryathlon - no alcohol for the whole of January - the idea is to raise some support for Cancer Research UK. This is a worthwhile cause as most of us will know of people who have suffered because of cancer so any support would be greatly appreciated.
So far I have found it harder than I anticipated. I daren't drink during the week as I have to get up for work so my drinking for at least the last year has been concentrated into weekends and last weekend, my first drink free for quite a while, was really hard - and I have 3 more to get through :shock:
Anyway if anybody would like to support me this link will take you to the appropriate page:
http://www.justgiving.com/Pete-Cooper-dryathlete
Thank you.

Lieing get you mean you cant afford to drink cause youve spent all your beer tokens over the festive period. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Awe I'll see what I can dig oot ma pokit for you.
Stick me in for a Tenner Pete, on credit till I see you again as I dont use any lectronic bank systems.
Or pm me your address and I,ll send it to you in post.
Good man and good luck.
C_W

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:24 am

Um, just as a matter of interest you seem to have two different justgiving pages running at the same time. :?:

Pete Cooper
Old Salt

Postby Pete Cooper » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:10 pm

The link should only take you to the current one - I have had a few others over the years - including one from the Dryathlon last year.

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Pete Cooper wrote:The link should only take you to the current one - I have had a few others over the years - including one from the Dryathlon last year.

Confusion as you have two different links in your post.

Best

D

Pete Cooper
Old Salt

Postby Pete Cooper » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:01 pm

D'oh! I'd forgotten to change my signature :oops:
Thanks for pointing it out.

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27