Still here . . .

Forum for messages to Nick & Kathy when they are cruising (currently June-Aug 2010)
User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Still here . . .

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:28 pm

The wind is a steady F5 occ. 6 NNE and shows no sign of changing. As you get nearer Madeira it moderates a bit but compensates by going round to the N. We could do it if we had to but it would be a bit of an endurance test, so we are hanging on here in the hope that eventually something will change.

So - the blog is up to date but not particularly interesting apart from some idle speculation.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Maybe Tuesday . . .

Postby Nick » Fri May 04, 2007 1:37 pm

If the current forecast is right we will be off on Tuesday on the start of the trip home . . . but it has looked good then changed many times before, so we will see.

Silkie, will you do the Google Earth thing while we are at sea again if I manage to email you position reports? I know it's not quite up to Mojomo standards but our last satellite had a launch failure in the secondary booster system . . .
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:55 pm
Boat Type: Hurley 22
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Contact:

Happy to oblige

Postby Silkie » Sun May 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Whaddya mean not quite up to Mojomo standards? You just have to send hourly emails and no=one will notice the difference.
different colours made of tears

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Looking good to go . . .

Postby Nick » Mon May 07, 2007 12:20 pm

We should be away from here tomorrow morning. In stronger winds we wold hope to do it with only two nights at sea, but there is a lot of calm between here and Madeira so we will probably take it easy and try to arrive at Calheta on Friday.

Will try to send daily position reports as soon after midday as possible, but might send an intermediate one tomorrow night just to confirm we are on our way. Need to conserve laptop power though as the 12v charger is kaput . . . I will have to try to get one, or a small inverter, in Funchal I think.
- Nick 8)

Image


Return to “Talk to Nick and Kathy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests