invisible navaids at Seamill?

Tell us where you've been, trade information
sahona
Admiral of the White
Boat Type: Marcon Claymore

invisible navaids at Seamill?

Postby sahona » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:14 pm

En route from Millport to Troon today, I intended to alter course from 170T to 135T when the beacons/poles on my chart at position 55 41.650 004 52.739 were aligned and bore 070T. This is what happens when there's no wind and I get bored...
Anyway, they never appeared, so I used the radio mast instead.
I assumed my 1996 chart may need updating, but my plotters and the online AIS charts mentioned in this forum all show the yellow power markers. All I could see was a golfcourse. Anyone seen them and can hint where I'm going wrong?
http://trooncruisingclub.org/ 20' - 30' Berths available, Clyde.
Cruising, racing, maintenance facilities. Go take a look, you know you want to.

Mark
Old Salt

Re: invisible navaids at Seamill?

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:26 am

sahona wrote:En route from Millport to Troon today, I intended to alter course from 170T to 135T when the beacons/poles on my chart at position 55 41.650 004 52.739 were aligned and bore 070T. This is what happens when there's no wind and I get bored...
Anyway, they never appeared, so I used the radio mast instead.
I assumed my 1996 chart may need updating, but my plotters and the online AIS charts mentioned in this forum all show the yellow power markers. All I could see was a golfcourse. Anyone seen them and can hint where I'm going wrong?

Shown on recent Navionics charts, and nothing changed on the UGC layer. Which means little.

Return to “Passages and Places”