am i mad?or the state of my finances?

Tell us where you've been, trade information
trouville
Able Seaman

am i mad?or the state of my finances?

Postby trouville » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:33 am

8) Its stopped raining snowing & freezing The skys blue the coffee&pannini vert good.the locals kind.
Thiis morning i had a shower in the capitanerie,no questions asked!
Lasr night three marine police were looking at the boat only while they unlocked the gate to get to theirs.They wished me a good evening.
Port Vendees thats where i am is wonderful first time ive been hear.

The boat im moveings American &been in Spain before has had to leave France i now know why i was rushed off Stella didnt know the potential problems.
And so im sitting on some stone steps tapping away on my dell x30 a 5 year old pda looking down at the port.
I cleaned & tidyed the boat this morning waiting for the cafe to open.
Am i so desparate that i have to do this?Perhaps yesterday i was for chucking ut in this morning the sun warming the decks a glass of cotedu Rhone put a diferant complection on it not to mention me.I dont function well in snow & freezing winds

Am i mad to go on? The boat a 40y has no charts just a temprimental plotter GPS that put me in the wrong place twice last time 1.6 miles on course to be wrecked had i not stoid off.

I have my Garmin 12 my Spanish Portugal morrocan charts the newest updated 1971 the rest are older!Has Spain changed?There are parts of the coast that do.

I have 168euros about 40liters diesel 60 liters Cote du Rhone 20 liters distilled wine!

I have to deliver the boat to Morroco or Portugal the ,money is with the yard 3000 euros! I get paid when the boat arrived s

My arrival in Spain was a bad start i anchored off took the tender in only to meet an English person When he began talking i didn't understand a word he said he didn't speak well nor when i began to understand where his words pleasant

He told me i couldent tie up couldent anchor & couldent have any water.He saw the water can.

I thanked him went for a welcome stroll.Looking at the same time for a place to moore.

When i left the parting words from the pontoon were that my sort arnt welcome ???

I saw a boat alongside.It was an official w welcome !! Where are you from?You cant anchor hear!!Papers.

I told them there was a disorder below
Follow us They left as i started the engine got the anchor up,as soon as the were out of site i had the sail up & off back to France where im very happy to be just now

I shall leave but will have to stop on route i just hope ill get a better welcome in another port!

In this wonderful port thers am optician that give a free eye test it says stand by the wall and read these letters i had 10 10 verygood

France may ve full with moldering boats but its a pleasent place to be economicaly challenged

I hope my next post isent from a Spanish prison

ggood bye for now untill the next open wi fi

BlueTwo
Midshipman

Re: am i mad?or the state of my finances?

Postby BlueTwo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:39 pm

trouville wrote:8)
I have to deliver the boat to Morroco or Portugal the ,money is with the yard 3000 euros! I get paid when the boat arrived

Hello Trouville. :tiphat:

Does that mean you get 3000 euros to deliver a booze-laden boat to anywhere but Spain? Seems to me that the boat may be png in Spain. Take care.

bazonbeleaza
Midshipman

Postby bazonbeleaza » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi Trouville,

I've just popped over from the YBW forum and saw your post.

Are you headed over to Portugal? which yard? I see your finances havn't improved since leaving YBW. Hope you are OK. I for one miss your posts, and there is a current thread on your whereabouts.

regards

barry

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:11 pm

bazonbeleaza wrote:I've just popped over from the YBW forum and saw your post.

Barry

More from Trouville on Basically Boaty and Bloggers Banquet.

Return to “Passages and Places”