Finally - pix from the 2007 Malts Cruise

Tell us where you've been, trade information
foolsbrew
Able Seaman

Finally - pix from the 2007 Malts Cruise

Postby foolsbrew » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:44 pm

This is not all, by any means, of the photos we took on our charter and cruise of the Malts Cruise this year past, but the cat-herding involved in gathering the photos from my crew has proved a true challenge. Plus, I'm lazy. Sort of. Hey, it only took me almost a year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91656893@N ... 454103865/

Turns out the more photogenic crew has caused Jackie at Alba Sailing to use our photo on Eloise as her cover shot for this year's Alba catalog. I'm the big fat (and as previously noted, lazy) bald love child with glasses and goatee.

Enjoy - the Otter Pool shots are my faves, though there is shot of us in the TnT. The food shot is from the Old Forge, and there is a nice shot of Davey from Salen and his wife (he mentioned something about retiring to the other side of the peninsula, by the way...). I'll get around to adding better labels sometime soon.

-foolsbrew
"Where would the poetry of the sea be were it not for the wild waves?" Joshua Slocum

Arghiro
Old Salt
Boat Type: Pentland Ketch

Postby Arghiro » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Nick! Couple more nice calendar shots there I reckon.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks for those Tony. Some lovely shots but really - swigging malt whisky from the bottle - how very American! :)

PS - How did the peaty wee heavy work out?
different colours made of tears

Booby Trapper
Old Salt
Boat Type: Jeanneau Attalia

Postby Booby Trapper » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Stunning pics. you've done it now. everyone will want to come!

foolsbrew
Able Seaman

Postby foolsbrew » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:59 am

Thanks all - :oops: - I will pass on the compliments to the photographers. As I say, I have a few more I need to get up to Flickr, as soon as I do I'll post an update.

Silkie - the wee heavy turned out quite nice, and is drinking loverly at the moment. I ended up having to use a Belgian yeast strain, so it has an almost Belgian quality to it, with a hint of sweetness on the finish, but the peat comes through nicely. Finished at around 9.5-10% ABV. I might save one for a carbonnade flamande one of these days.

The pic of myself and my friend Tom all but invisible in our oilies was taken in a deluge right outside Port Ellen. We'd had a great afternoon of sailing, then were thoroughly drenched (with a burst or two of lightning) as we were making the harbor. I bet if we shared that and one snap we took just off Lady's Rocks would help to keep the faint-hearted away.

I apologize in advance if this somehow creates a stampede, though I haven't shared these widely.
"Where would the poetry of the sea be were it not for the wild waves?" Joshua Slocum

Return to “Passages and Places”