Isle of Tiree Regatta. All welcome. 18th July & 1st August

(Previously the YotBlog forums, now archived and combined here)
Impromptu
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Isle of Tiree Regatta. All welcome. 18th July & 1st August

Postby Impromptu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Firstly : tireeregatta.org.uk

Friendly Regatta Saturday 18th July 2009
Tiree Regatta Club will be holding the 2009 Tiree Friendly Regatta on Saturday 18th July in Scarinish Old Harbour.

The Friendly Regatta is the revival of the historic tradition of holding multiple sailing regattas on Tiree during the summer. The annual regatta with it’s shore events and motor boat races will be held as usual on the first Saturday in August. The Friendly Regatta, however, will be all about sailing with sailing boats of all types invited to compete.

Secondly : The 2009 Tiree Regatta will be held on Saturday 1st August in Scarinish Old Harbour.

On the water a busy race card includes: Lug Boat Race, Dingy Race, Day Boat Race, and the famous Tiree Fishing Boat Race, and keelboat fun race.

There is also a packed schedule of shore events: Kayak Race, Swimming Race,
Raft Race, Pillow Fight, Greasy Pole, Sandcastle Competition, Windsuring
Race.

There will be Food and Entertainment all day. All are welcome to compete or just to come and enjoy the spectacle.

0930 - 1200 Registration & Handicapping
1230 Skippers meeting
1300 - 1700 Races & Shore Events
1730 - 1900 Prize giving
1900 - Celebrations!
Karl

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Re: Isle of Tiree Regatta. All welcome. 18th July & 1st August

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Karl,

I am confused - is this on 18th July or 1st August?

If 1st Aug we will try very hard to make it as Tiree is just about the only Hebridean island we have not yet visited.
- Nick 8)

Impromptu
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Postby Impromptu » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:14 am

Hi,

A 'Friendly Regatta' is held on the 18th, this is more of a local free for all !!! and this is the first year one has been run, it involves just the local 'Luggers' (some 100+ yrs old) and no on shore fun...apart from the pub.

1st of August is the main event...follow this link: tireeregatta.org.uk a great day out, with a wild evening...for all the family.

If the weather is fair Gott Bay is a good anchorage, if you are thinking of staying a couple of days...drop a second hook. I moor in Gott Bay throughout the summer in 3m sand, my CO32 has happily sat in a F8 from S/SW. She draws 1.65m...(my house is the nearest to the Pier). Should the weather turn nasty, Gunna sound or even Balaphetrish Bay a solid alternative moorings. Unfortunately I won't be there this year...I get home from work 'Yemen' on the 4th.

Q: how on earth do I edit photographs into these posts ?

All the best

Karl Hughes

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Hope the Regatta went well. If yesterday's weather in Loch Maddy was anything to go by it should have been, errrmm,,,,,,,, interesting.

Impromptu wrote:Q: how on earth do I edit photographs into these posts ?

Not sure what Webbie's rules are, but first edit the pics into JPEG (.jpg) format; about 700 pixels wide looks to be about OK. You then need to put it online somewhere, eg like the free Photobucket or Flickr services.

Once that's done, your pic will have its own URL (eg http://www.photobucket.com/......../piccy.jpg).

You can then compose your post and press the "Img" button in the line under your header. You''l the see two little "boxes with "img" and "/img" placed into your text. Just paste in the pic's URL into the space between the img thingies..

THat's the straightforward stuff, but Silkie and others might explain how they manage some of their fancier tricks.

Return to “Basically Boaty”