Displacement Activities

(Previously the YotBlog forums, now archived and combined here)
spuddy
Master Mariner

Displacement Activities

Postby spuddy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:51 pm

Am I the only one? Got lots to do on the last stages of my project boat: standing rigging, engine hatch, tiller, bilge pump + some glassing on deckhead etc. However I'm currently tinkering with plumbing fittings to make a whale emblem to screw to a bulkhead somewhere - very low priority indeed. Could our panel of emotionally literate counsellors share their feelings on what I should do.

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Seastream 34

Postby DaveS » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:39 pm

Have a good look at it while consuming your beverage of choice. Focused concentration is valid activity!

Magna Carter
Master Mariner

Postby Magna Carter » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:55 pm

You should rejoice in the fact that you are exhibiting a perfectly standard set of symptoms for being a male boat owner....

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:49 pm

Being almost totally illiterate emotionally I'm not qualified to respond but I've never let that stop me before, so..

It's possible that you're over-faced (do they use such an expression in the Cinque Ports?) with the magnitude of the tasks ahead. All you need do is to make a start on aomething. Choose one of the jobs, break it down into bits and start on the easiest/most attractive part.

The length of Silkie's job list bears witness to the soundness of this advice. God - is it really 23rd February already?

OTOH the solution proposed by DaveS sounds OK too!
different colours made of tears

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:31 am

Go away from it for a couple of days and write down the job list. Then do a critical path analysis and sort our some form of job order.
If you have jobs in there that you don't feel like facing then intersperse them with decent jobs like kettle testing.
Anyway - you are almost at the end of the project by all accounts - sort it out for yourself!
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

spuddy
Master Mariner

Postby spuddy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:22 am

I'm surrounded down here with either faultless boats belonging to prosperous entrepreneurs or abandoned projects. Wasn't looking for sympathy - as a friend says ," If you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between excrement and syphilis".

Magna Carter
Master Mariner

sympathy

Postby Magna Carter » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:38 pm

Spuddy that is brilliant.... I can't wait for an opportunity to use it!

Return to “Basically Boaty”