How wis yer heid yesterday?

(Previously the YotBlog forums, now archived and combined here)
jim.r
SWS
Boat Type: Moody S38

How wis yer heid yesterday?

Postby jim.r » Tue May 03, 2005 9:06 am

Finally got home at 1am after leaving Loch Melfort at 14:30, dreadfull traffic just after Lancaster.

Great weekend!

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

No' too bad

Postby Silkie » Tue May 03, 2005 11:49 am

Our later start and a superb Fairwinds Fry-up probably helped. We had a cracking F4 beat in brilliant sunshine. Left Craobh about 6 and got home about 9. Wonderful weekend though day 1 was a bit of a baptism of fire being the first sail of the season for the crew of Avilion.

Dave

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Apres-Cruise

Postby Nick » Wed May 04, 2005 5:11 pm

Yes, the run back was fantastic - and surprisingly the crew were just about up to the job of beating through the tidal wonderland of Cuan. (Easdale Sound was a bit beyond their frazzled capabilities though - a slow tack in the 20m wide channel opposite the pier resulted ina hasty application of iron tops'l)

We didn't even have the energy to get off the boat for a couple of hours once we arrived back in Balvicar Bay - just got it together slowly in the sunshine. The half mile drive up from the boatyard to the house was enough for me . . . I couldn't have ventured doon sooth for love nor money.
- Nick 8)

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

That return journey

Postby Telo » Fri May 06, 2005 2:14 pm

Must admit, I was feeling pretty wasted - and I only had two hours to drive. Don't know how the rest of you made it further south without falling asleep.

Great weekend - thanks everyone.

Donald

Return to “Basically Boaty”