Forum index "For Sale" unread post indicator

Post your IT-related comments, requests and suggestions here
DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Etap 30

Forum index "For Sale" unread post indicator

Postby DaveS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:07 pm

doesn't "switch off" after all posts are read. Others are OK. First time I've noticed this so may just be a transient funny.

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Re: Forum index "For Sale" unread post indicator

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:54 pm

DaveS wrote:doesn't "switch off" after all posts are read. Others are OK. First time I've noticed this so may just be a transient funny.

Thanks for this, but I've not got the energy to look into it right now unless it's proving to be a real problem for people.
- Nick 8)

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:26 pm

I suspect that this may have been because there was a spam post waiting to be disapproved in the For Sale section , which has now been done. Is the unread flag reset again Dave?

Did you notice the same in Gear and Gadgets and if not, had you been signed in between Thursday 16.40 and Friday 15.56?
different colours made of tears

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Silkie wrote:I suspect that this might have been because there was a spam post waiting to be disapproved, which has now been done. Is the unread flag OK now Dave?

Online again at last I see . . . . it's been murder approving all these posts and deleting all these spammers myself :violin:

(Or are you on someone else's WiFi at Dunstaffnage?)
- Nick 8)

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Son's lappie.

DaveS
Yellow Admiral

Postby DaveS » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Silkie wrote:I suspect that this may have been because there was a spam post waiting to be disapproved in the For Sale section , which has now been done. Is the unread flag reset again Dave?

Did you notice the same in Gear and Gadgets and if not, had you been signed in between Thursday 16.40 and Friday 15.56?

The flag was showing, I went into "For Sale", no new posts, back to index, flag now cleared, so it seems to be fixed.

I didn't notice it previously in Gear and Gadgets. I'm not sure whether I was signed in between these times, but I would have thought I probably was at some point. I'll see if I have any posts within that period - I'm sure there's a "find all posts" function somewhere...

DaveS
Yellow Admiral

Postby DaveS » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:03 pm

DaveS wrote:
Silkie wrote:I suspect that this may have been because there was a spam post waiting to be disapproved in the For Sale section , which has now been done. Is the unread flag reset again Dave?

The flag was showing, I went into "For Sale", no new posts, back to index, flag now cleared, so it seems to be fixed.

I didn't notice it previously in Gear and Gadgets. I'm not sure whether I was signed in between these times, but I would have thought I probably was at some point. I'll see if I have any posts within that period - I'm sure there's a "find all posts" function somewhere...

No, no posts within the window. Doesn't mean I wasn't logged in though.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I think what's happening is that although an unapproved post can't by itself set the unread flag, it's existence in a section whose unread flag has been set by a regular post prevents the flag being re-set after you've read the regular post.

:go_on

Return to “Suggestions, Comments, Bug Reports”