Rounf the island race, crew available!

Find crew or find a berth
magaz97
Midshipman
Boat Type: Flying Fifteen

Rounf the island race, crew available!

Postby magaz97 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:41 pm

If there is anyone doing the Round The Island Race this year and is short of crew, then I would be happy to oblige.
I am a reasonably experienced hand, having a few seasons racing keel boats under my belt. (I have even managed a few series wins at club level) I am currently 'Day Skipper' level but should have completed my Coastal Skipper by then. I have been sailing off and on for the past 28 years, nut only recently (last 4 years) got THE BUG again!

I am a 44 year old bloke, who likes doing 'blokey' things. I like a beer and a good laugh. Non smoker. Not afraid of hard work and mucking in!
I live in the North East, but I am willing to travel. (Obviously, willing to travel around the island.....but willing to travel in general to get sailing!)
Any offers of a place would be considered......if you want to chat...PM me please!

Thanks for looking

Tony
:!:

marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Re: Rounf the island race, crew available!

Postby marisca » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 am

Now which island would that be? There's Round Mull, Ailsa Craig, Arran, Bute, Lismore, Shuna and I'm sure there must be more.

magaz97
Midshipman
Boat Type: Flying Fifteen

Postby magaz97 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:32 am

Never really thought of that. I suppose there must be thousands of the things. Dont know how many have a race around them. The one I was hoping to get a crew place on was the JP Morgan, Round the Island Race (Isle of Wight)...but saying that, I am pretty much up for any Round the Island Race, so long as it is not a traffic island.

I know it was along shot.......but you never know, someone may need crew...somewhere, sometime!

Hawker73
Midshipman
Boat Type: First 27.7

Postby Hawker73 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm looking for some more help for the Round The Island this year. Got an excellent result last year in a Sun 2000. For this year I have a bigger boat; Beneteau First 27.7. I am planning to sail with my two teenage children as crew and am after one or two more experienced sailors to make up the numbers and confidence level. I was going to ask around the Club but a random Northerner would probably do just as well. We are in Salisbury and the boat is moored on the Hamble. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Chris

Return to “Crew Available and Wanted”