2008 sailhiker(s) crew wanted

Find crew or find a berth
Michael
Midshipman

2008 sailhiker(s) crew wanted

Postby Michael » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:16 am

In '97 I went out as far as New Zealand from West Coast of the Americas on three different boats all told. Found out there are more people from Europe (primarily England, Sweden, and Germany but others as well) hitch hiking rides around the world on sailing boats, followed by Canadians and finally USA types. I was always favorably impressed for the most part with their abilities and willingness to learn so.......

I thought I would look for a way to post crew needs targeted to Europe and give my intended approximate route. This is way in advance but then some people are probably planning for 2008. If you can let me know the best places to post this crew request I would appreciate the information or just pass it on.

Pacific NW in British Columbia and Washington for continued testing, training and shakedowns including the San Juan Islands and Puget Sound late summer and early fall of 2007 . Then Summer of 2008 more of same and down the coast of the USA to S. California departing mid August then a bit of California, Channel Islands (Catalina) and perhaps the top bit of Mexico departing there about Nov 1st after the hurricane season.

Here's where I depart from the Coconut Run. Out to the 125 degree line and down to Easter Island, Juan Fernandez Islands, Valaraiso on the mainland and back up via Galapagos then west through some yet to be determined South Pacific and southern North Pacific islands although Tonga is a must see stop again. Down to NZ or Australia and then over the top and down to S. Africa, back up to Caribbean and so on...as time goes by.

I do not plan to go to French Polynesia this time. One of the main goals is to exercise and practice navigation without GPS and sextant although I have both. It will not be a speed contest. Should be a good experience.

That's the basic plan input from crew can cause changes of course.

I'm currently on Ascencion Island working in the merchant marine and won't be able to check this site all that often but as I can will do so....

Email and you have to change some of this so the spammers don't get it automatically KrabKrunKher@gEEmail.com Drop the double EE and change the K's to c's

I'll post a boat description elsewhere in the forum but in short it's a Westerly Berwick with a lot of modifications and a complete upgrade/refit.

I do not intend to charge heavy daily fees but enough to defray food costs. I expect the individual(s) to pay their own entry fees and be resposible for their own onward or return travel. Experience is good but not entirely necessary.

Thanks to all who assist on this.

Michael
SV Se Langt
Westerly Berwick 31
Michael
SV Se Langt
Westerly Berwick 31

Return to “Crew Available and Wanted”