New Jib Sail

Advertise almost anything - no Ebay links please!
Highlander2014
Midshipman
Boat Type: 21ft Vivacity 650 Bilge Keel Yacht

New Jib Sail

Postby Highlander2014 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:15 pm

I live near Inverness i have a brand new Jib sail MAYBE FOR SALE it cost £350 and made to measure for my 1972 Vivacity 650 yacht which the previous owner had fitted a stainless steel tube bowsprit extending the size of the sail 3ft further out than the standard Vivacity 650 without bowsprits.
-
The problem i have is will my jib sail fit a standard Vivacity 650 the reason being is a harbourmaster in Wales wrecked my Vivacity 650 with bowsprit and im now planning to buy another Vivacity 650 standard model without a bowsprit IF IT DOES NOT FIT then i want to sell my jib sail but if it does fit then maybe i should keep it.
-
The harbourmaster is refusing to except blame that he destroyed my yacht and my belongings worth £2000 and lawyers are too expensive,does anyone know how i can recover the £2000?
-
HOW DO I ADD PHOTOS of my sail?
-
My yacht jib sail brand new in perfect condition only been used one day sailing,cost £350 at JKA sail makers,very good quality modern thick nylon plastic type material.
length along bottom of sail 11 feet 6 inches or 350cm - length from bottom to top 20 feet 5 inches or 623cm

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Etap 30

Re: New Jib Sail

Postby DaveS » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:01 am

Highlander2014 wrote:The problem i have is will my jib sail fit a standard Vivacity 650 the reason being is a harbourmaster in Wales wrecked my Vivacity 650 with bowsprit and im now planning to buy another Vivacity 650 standard model without a bowsprit IF IT DOES NOT FIT then i want to sell my jib sail but if it does fit then maybe i should keep it.
-
The harbourmaster is refusing to except blame that he destroyed my yacht and my belongings worth £2000 and lawyers are too expensive,does anyone know how i can recover the £2000?

Can't help with the sail, but re. the damage to your boat, surely that's what you pay insurance for? If you explain the circumstances to your insurers and they agree it is the fault of another party (particularly one who should hold proper liability cover) then they'll go after him. If they aren't convinced, you should still get paid, but would lose your no claim bonus. No need either way for you to hire lawyers.

marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Re: New Jib Sail

Postby marisca » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:48 am

I am presuming the OP was not covered by insurance despite most harbours, marinas and even the Crown Estates making 3rd party insurance a condition of use - and 3rd party without own boat cover is difficult to find. You don't need a lawyer - the Small Claims Court procedure is simple and straight-forward and good for claims up to £10,000. Sometimes just the paperwork is enough to encourage settlement.

Return to “For Sale”