Mobile Boat Store and Tool Shed

Advertise almost anything - no Ebay links please!
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Mobile Boat Store and Tool Shed

Postby marisca » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 am

Reluctantly, 'cos she says I can't keep it now we we have a shiny black Japanese yin and the boat is back in the water, my much used and appreciated Peugeot 406 diesel estate is up for grabs. W reg, which makes it 12 or so years old, 160k miles, which is almost run in, 50mpg on m'ways if you don't cane it, ~43mpg round town, climate control (new a/c radiator 'cos France was bloody hot), elec windies / locks, and capable of carrying the 18 cushions from a CO32 or all the sails and contents of lockers, roof bars for booms/spinnaker poles etc.. Ideal for parking beside the boat with all those essential tools and bits that you have to take with you all the time or you will forget. Oh, and it has an MOT until next Nov/Dec. I think it still is nicer to drive than the replacement Toyota, but she says it has to go ......
It's not worth a lot, so any reasonable (not silly) offer or swap will be entertained - something like a Laser with trailer would be ideal, or a mooring at Dunstaffanage or Cardingmill Bay or T'mory - you get the idea.

PS Madame says that swaps more appropriate to a boat-adverse, land based conceptual artist with eclectic tastes would be viewed favourably.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Re: Mobile Boat Store and Tool Shed

Postby Silkie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:39 am

Are you aware of the going rate for moorings in Dunstaffnage Bay?
different colours made of tears

marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Postby marisca » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 am

Aye, unfortunately I am aware. I was actually thinking, though I didn't express it very well, of the use of a mooring rather than the outright transfer of ownership.
Apart from innate laziness, I am rather loathe to advertise it properly and enter into sordid financial transactions for a machine whose value to me has been so much greater than its market price. It's daft, I know, but I'd like it to go to someone who is likely to share this sentimentally deranged view.
...... did I mention the almost new winter tyres - though why I bothered I don't know and anyway it pulled itself through last year's inundation with consummate ease - and the CD player.

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Etap 30

Postby DaveS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm

I could have been interested since that's more or less how I use my motor, and if the offer had come up a couple of years ago I would almost certainly have gone for it. Equally, at some stage my "new" V70 will need replaced, but with only 215,000 on the clock I would expect to get a few more years out of it. This isn't a logical decision since a switch to a diesel would save me over £20 per round trip to Craobh - maybe £500 per year. It's more driven by the amount of time I invested in fixing a number of difficult problems soon after buying it - and I've just paid £215 for another year's tax.

I do understand your desire to see it going to a good home. I'd kept my previous 740 for about 12 years and it would have had about 350,000 on the clock - if the clock had been going - when I sold it. You become attached to a useful reliable car.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:59 pm

marisca wrote:I was actually thinking, though I didn't express it very well, of the use of a mooring rather than the outright transfer of ownership.

Well that's different then. PM sent.
different colours made of tears

Rowana
Old Salt
Boat Type: Macwester Rowan 8 meter

Postby Rowana » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 am

It all depends if my Volvo 940 estate passes yet another MOT in April. It will be 19 years old by then, so I'd really like to get at least 1 more year to take it up to 20.

Watch this space!
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO ARE CRACKED,
FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT

Return to “For Sale”