Cradle for Sale

Advertise almost anything - no Ebay links please!
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Cradle for Sale

Postby marisca » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:55 am

As thoughts turn to what to do with your boat over winter ....... here is your chance to spend the winter unstressed by the thought of wobbly wooden props held together by strips of 2"x1". No more will Judith Ralston's heaving bosoms forecasting gales and worse cause you sleepless nights. ...... and you probably can have your mast erect.

For sale - one yacht cradle used on my Contessa 32 - I'd post a piccy but photobucket won't let me. Solid tubular base 2.6x3.0m approx with Acro-style supports at each corner and a substantial U-section keel channel. Presently in a West Lothian farm yard. Yours for a mere £350 ono. PM me for more.

marisca
Yellow Admiral

Re: Cradle for Sale

Postby marisca » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:14 pm

If you are dithering about contacting me, this is what the cradle looks like. The wood blocks were Port Edgar's way of support to allow their trolley to get under. And no, you don't get the boat with it!

mm5aho
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 32

Postby mm5aho » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:12 pm

I have just spent a day refurbishing my cradle for this winter.
Cut off the uprights, made new ones, bought 6 x acro prop type acme threaded adjusters, made pads, welded all together, and taken it for galvanizing (hard to find a decent galvanizer these days!!).

At the rate of steel purchase, jacks, time, effort, this one is a bargain.

But I can't see if its any good as Photobucket's new policy of not allowing posts elsewhere of pix hosted there prevents the image being viewed.
Geoff.
"Contender" Rival 32: Roseneath this winter, Gourock in summer.

marisca
Yellow Admiral

Postby marisca » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Bugger, the picture was there when I posted it this am. Thought I'd been clever by posting the jpg location.
If you were to look on eBay you might see it.

Return to “For Sale”