Anodes for VP130 saildrive leg

Advertise almost anything - no Ebay links please!
Corona
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Moody S31

Anodes for VP130 saildrive leg

Postby Corona » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:52 pm

I have 2 pairs of these, they are the split type which does not involve the propellor, one has never been out of the box, the other had a brief immersion in the sweet waters of the Crinan Canal but is 'good as new'. History is that the immersed one was fitted briefly but removed to allow the fitting of a ropecutter, the other was kept as a spare and never used. Going rate today seems to be in the order of £40 a set but I am prepared to let the lot go for £25.
Collection in Ardrishaig or if you are patient I can drop them off most places in Argyll, they are heavy so I doubt if it would be economic to mail them.

Eddy
Midshipman
Boat Type: Etap 37S

Re: Anodes for VP130 saildrive leg

Postby Eddy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi

A quick question on these. I am looking for ones which fit the Ambassador rope cutter, but they seem to be unique. Is it an Ambassador model you have, or a different cutter?

Thanks

Stuart

Corona
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Moody S31

Postby Corona » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:22 pm

The anodes I have for sale are the original (for use without the cutter) they were not usable after the cutter was fitted, I took a pair to a workshop and asked if they could be modified, Jackie Kay was not keen so I left it. Ambassador were charging almost double the price for modified replacement anodes but on a recent thread on YBW someone said the modification could be done by hand with a saw. Not as tidy as a lathe but they are going to wear anyway. I could ask Lock 3 engineering (recently started up at the bottom of my garden) to modify these but he would need a modified set as a pattern and the boat I have now has the older 120 leg. Highly equipped one man workshop operated by a very competent and versatile retired marine engineer, he is building a steam engine from scratch in his spare time so should be able to cope with most marine stuff. Recommended.have a Google for his website.

Eddy
Midshipman
Boat Type: Etap 37S

Postby Eddy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi Corona

Thanks for the detailed reply, sorry for misunderstanding. Hope you get them sold. As you say those for the Ambassador cutter seem exhorbitant, for what I think are two modifications from standard!

The engineering shop does seem to have a good range of equipment

Return to “For Sale”