Barbecue

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Barbecue

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:20 pm

I have a friend who until recently ran and cheffed a local quality waterside eatery.

He can offer a private high quality (scallops 'n stuff) barbecue for small groups at £15 per head.

The T&T is not offering meals at the moment, so this might provide an alternative for a 'last supper'

Anchorage/moorings available behind Heather Island (Kerrera) or on the pontoons at Ardentrive if you prefer.

Anyone interested, or were we thinking of ending up somewhere else on the Sunday?
- Nick 8)

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Re: Barbecue

Postby claymore » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Sounds Interesting - there is also a 'do' at Ardfern on the Saturday. Its a Fundraiser for MacMillan -
There's a hog roast but it would be necessary to book through Guy Neville in the chandlery
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 pm

Hog rost at Ardfern sounds good if that's the way the wind blows us.

I'm all in favour of MacMillan but even more in favour of Cancer Research - for fairly obvious reasons.

Can I remind anyone who hasn't done so yet that you can donate to cancer research in Kathy's memory?
- Nick 8)

ParaHandy
Old Salt

Postby ParaHandy » Mon May 05, 2014 1:31 am

I've sat in the trousers or The Lord of the isles eating fish & chips because you can't really screw that up, can you? There just isn't the throughput in these places to climb the culinary scales. One year, a load of us went into a Thai restaurant which you just knew would be utter sheight at £40 a head. I'd argued that a very good authentic Thai meal could be got from the raw materials at the local shops but some looked pityingly on me so bolx. I've a picture of wee James aff his heid outside this place.

If I got off with £15 a head for a meal without booze these days I'd go for it. If you wanted, say big langoustine in a Thai sauce (or scallops although if there was an option I'd go for the langoustine) to start and approx 350gm each of turbot with decent veg, you'd only just get off with 15 a head for the shellfish and wet fish from those rapacious fishmongers in Oban. (Sea bass cheaper alternative to turbot and just as good after several pints of 50/-)

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Tue May 06, 2014 9:20 am

Para
The Muzz and I have dreadful memories of your last venture into the lord of the isles where you blamed the fush for the irreparable damage ye carried oot oan my heids.
An whits wi a' this Tai cack? fekkin lemongrass.
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Return to “CC2014”