We have a wee leak . . .

Back by popular demand and now in it's ninth great year
User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5487
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

We have a wee leak . . .

Postby Nick » Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

.
Parsimony has failed us for once and Fairwinds sits weeping gently on her mooring (weeping round a superannuated skin fitting that is). I knew it needed done and it was near the top of the ToDo list, but when removing it seemed chust too difficult I convinced myself to leave it.

Apart from that the launch went smoothly, but with the boatyard going to haul her and replace the skin fitting at the earliest opportunity it means we will not be choining the chents this year unless it is by road. Please do let us know if or when youse or some of youse will be in the T&T.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
wully
Old Salt
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm
Boat Type: sailie boatie
Location: Argyll - where else?

Re: We have a wee leak . . .

Postby wully » Thu May 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Ach well...

The forecast is looking pants anyway.

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5487
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: We have a wee leak . . .

Postby Nick » Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 pm

wully wrote:Ach well...

The forecast is looking pants anyway.


Mull of Kintyre to Ardnamurchan Point

For coastal areas up to 12 miles offshore from 1800 UTC Thu 02 May until 1800 UTC Fri 03 May

24 hour forecast:
Wind South or southwest, veering north later, 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8.Sea StateSlight or moderate, becoming moderate or rough.WeatherOccasional rain.VisibilityModerate or good, occasionally poor.

Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind North backing southwest 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8, decreasing 4 for a time.Sea StateModerate or rough.WeatherRain at first, and again later.VisibilityGood, occasionally moderate.

Puuiladobhrain is not at its scenic best in a Northerly gale I have to say. I think Fairwinds wojld be staying in Balvicar Bay even if she wasn't leaking.

Matt and Kate were round briefly tonight and are staying in the Queens Hotel in Oban tonight. We are hoping to see them tomorrow.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Telo
Admiral of the Red
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:27 pm
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot
Location: Bampotterie-sur-mer
Contact:

Re: We have a wee leak . . .

Postby Telo » Thu May 02, 2013 10:47 pm

You and Kath are welcome to sail with us, but we probably won't set off until Saturday morning, so might drive to the TnT on Friday night.

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5487
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: We have a wee leak . . .

Postby Nick » Thu May 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Shard wrote:You and Kath are welcome to sail with us, but we probably won't set off until Saturday morning, so might drive to the TnT on Friday night.


We'd love to but don't know when we are getting hauled yet. If we can we will take up your kind invitation though.

This has been a very disorganised year so far for us.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Posts: 1443
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:55 pm
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace
Location: Body: West Yorks; Boat: Tarbert
Contact:

Re: We have a wee leak . . .

Postby aquaplane » Thu May 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Nick wrote:This has been a very disorganised year so far for us.


You are not alone.
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

User avatar
wully
Old Salt
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm
Boat Type: sailie boatie
Location: Argyll - where else?

Re: We have a wee leak . . .

Postby wully » Fri May 03, 2013 8:22 am

With such a crap forecast oor wee boatie will be staying on her mooring....

I will take a walk down to the pontoons and see if Claymore is awake in an hour or two..

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5487
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: We have a wee leak . . .

Postby Nick » Fri May 03, 2013 10:19 am

wully wrote:With such a crap forecast oor wee boatie will be staying on her mooring....

I will take a walk down to the pontoons and see if Claymore is awake in an hour or two..


Hardly a breath of wind here and not raining at the moment. We must be in the middle of the low. The inshore forecast is still giving 5-7 occ. 8
- Nick 8)

Image


Return to “CC2013”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest