The Weather

Back by popular demand and now in it's ninth great year
User avatar
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Boat Type: Claymore
Location: Northern Hemisphere

The Weather

Postby claymore » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:14 am

Simon Says that its going to get warm for the 2nd half of April.
It seems to last over the CC weekend although the winds seem to want to go northerly and get damp in the East
Fingers crossed
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

User avatar
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Boat Type: Claymore
Location: Northern Hemisphere

Re: The Weather

Postby claymore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Regards
Claymore
:goatd

User avatar
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Boat Type: Claymore
Location: Northern Hemisphere

Re: The Weather

Postby claymore » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:34 am

As the sole contributor to this thread, its something of a one sided conversation. However, countryfile and this mornings GRIB seem to be suggesting some bits of damp and a little area of low pressure further north.
I have therefore removed Kinlochbervie from the cruise itinerary
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Weather

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:26 am

Magic Seaweed is currently suggesting F4-5 Northerly for Friday then F5-6 W or WSW for Saturday, going lighter on Sunday.

We don't know if we will be in the water or not before the weekend.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Weather

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 pm

.
It's looking a bit more hopeful now - high pressure building acrloss Scotland over the weekend.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:55 pm
Boat Type: Hurley 22
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Weather

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:19 pm

How about launching - is that looking any more hopeful?

Let's gloss over Friday, shall we? :)
we can be heroes

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Weather

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Silkie wrote:How about launching - is that looking any more hopeful?

Let's gloss over Friday, shall we? :)


Launching is a big unknown . . . I think we will be ready - just a second coat of A/F for the antifoul, a couple of jubilee clips to fit to the heater fuel hose and everything to get back on board. Oh, and I need to improvise a seacock handlde.

However, I don't want to put the boat back on the mooring until we have put a new riser on it and that operation has suffered an unexpected delay. I also don't know whether the yard will be able to launch us.

So - apart from these wee uncertainties, we may launch on Wednesday - or we may not. Could be Thurs or Fri.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Boat Type: Claymore
Location: Northern Hemisphere

Re: The Weather

Postby claymore » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 am

The suspense is killing us......
Should we run a book?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Weather

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 am

claymore wrote:The suspense is killing us......
Should we run a book?


Whatever floats your boat . . . Oh, yours is already floating of course :sailing:
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
wully
Old Salt
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm
Boat Type: sailie boatie
Location: Argyll - where else?

Re: The Weather

Postby wully » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Still got a radio sitting on mah bench fur ye.

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Weather

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 pm

wully wrote:Still got a radio sitting on mah bench fur ye.


Wully, I know - very sorry . . . I was down in Ardfern the other day, but it was a flying visit for urchent supplies from the swindlery. Are you going cruising with the chents? If so we can transact while cruising. Looks like we are launching on Thursday so should be able to join up with the chentlemen on Friday all being well.

DaveS, if you are reading this we will probably be launching round about your arrival time for sleeping bags - we will leave them in the porch. They have been specially aired in today's fine Argyll sunshine and gentle breezes.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Boat Type: Claymore
Location: Northern Hemisphere

Re: The Weather

Postby claymore » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Nick
Dont need the sleeping bags
We are bringing some
Matt - if you are reading this, we will be there late Thursday night
The boat is on a pontoon and will be open. There may be no water in the tank so youd better just drink beer in the pub till we get there

Think we have some sorting to do Friday so will just use vhf to contact you all
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

User avatar
Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:55 pm
Boat Type: Hurley 22
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Weather

Postby Silkie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Indeed, in need of some sorting seems.

(Cruise Director b'feck!)

Silkie standing by on 77.
we can be heroes

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Weather

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 pm

claymore wrote:Nick
Dont need the sleeping bags


Well crivens! They've been specially aired an' all.

Is North still the plan? You'll have to leave at the crack of dawn on Friday will you not? The tide will turn South at the South end of the Sound of Mull around 1 o'clock . If heading North we would plan to get through Cuan by 9 to get a fair tide up as far as Lochaline or thereabouts. Or we could start in Puilladobhran instead of finishing . . .
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Boat Type: Claymore
Location: Northern Hemisphere

Re: The Weather

Postby claymore » Wed May 01, 2013 9:39 am

Nick
Am thinking that Pullers on Friday might be as good as it gets. We wont be out at the crack of Sparrowfart on friday.
Does anyone have a number or email for Matt?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd


Return to “CC2013”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest