The Awards

Back by popular demand and now in it's ninth great year
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

The Awards

Postby Nick » Mon May 06, 2013 12:11 am

~ The Chents Cup - awarded to the Shards for actually attempting to cruise

~ Least time actually spent on a boat - awarded to Matt and Kate, who we hope will write us a brief review of the area's finest hotels

~ Most Intrepid Voyage - to Silkie for his heroic non-stop single handed run from Dunstaffange to Dallens bay

~ Least directive Cruise Director - awarded to Claymore for a stunningly 'laissez faire' performance followed by a vanishing act
- Nick 8)

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Re: The Awards

Postby claymore » Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Excellent choice
Might I suggest the Hospitality Award for excellence in housing numerous nautical vagrants for a number of nights in the prevailing inclement meteorological conditions?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Mon May 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Nick wrote:.~ Most Intrepid Voyage - to Silkie for his heroic non-stop single handed run from Dunstaffange to Dallens bay

At 10 miles, probably the shortest voyage ever to be labelled "Most Intrepid" but in the light of the fact that by Sunday night I'd gone further (on the water anyway) than the rest of the fleet put together I humbly accept this most prestigious award.
we can be heroes

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Wed May 08, 2013 12:53 am

ooh this is a touch unfair - K and I actually went on TWO different boats (albeit a total of 2hours max) which is more than anyone else managed during the er event, and in nasty weather conditions too. Thinking about it, Nick didn't go on his own (of any?) boat at all during the CC, did he? So I really ought to hand over the lavish prize to him, when it eventually arrives of course.

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Wed May 08, 2013 7:36 am

Thats a fair point, however I think Nick was seeking to reward your endeavour for having run up a bill of hundreds in Flights, Car Hire and Hotel bills.
Perhaps we should ask the panel to reconsider or add another category. In the meantime, it was great to see you again, dont eat or spend the lavish prize all at once.
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 am

tcm wrote:ooh this is a touch unfair - K and I actually went on TWO different boats (albeit a total of 2hours max) which is more than anyone else managed during the er event, and in nasty weather conditions too. Thinking about it, Nick didn't go on his own (of any?) boat at all during the CC, did he? So I really ought to hand over the lavish prize to him, when it eventually arrives of course.

We slept on Avilion on Saturday night, thereby beating your TTA (total time aboard) by several hours.
- Nick 8)

Return to “CC2013”