Easter Moorings

Post any interesting Scottish sailing news here . . .
Tex
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Beneteau 36cc

Easter Moorings

Postby Tex » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:34 am

Heard that Campbeltown is currently "work in progress" so probably not viable for a stop over on circuit of Aran this Easter. Are the Carradale moorings in place and how many are there?
Thanks

Jonas
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Konsort

Re: Easter Moorings

Postby Jonas » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:44 am

Hello to all. I've been looking at Blue Moment for years, just decided to join. Readers of Scuttlebutt may be familiar with my recent work winding up the seahorse botherers on the South coast.
There are 4 moorings at Carradale, I believe they have been left in all winter so unless the strops have been cleaned you may get a nice moules mariniere for supper. They are currently working on a slipway off the carpark, which may be handy for landing in a tender.
Campbeltown pontoon is not going to be finished for a good while yet, but the sailing club moorings are in and visitors welcome in return for a donation (pay at the Royal Hotel). We haven't fitted the strops yet, but will be doing that soon; even if they're not in place you could tie to the swivel - no harder than Lochranza surely!

Jonas
Able Seaman

Postby Jonas » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:31 pm

UPDATE - there are now mooring strops with blue pick-up buoys on the SC Visitors Moorings.

Jonas
Able Seaman

Postby Jonas » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:45 am

ALSO - Carradale strops have reportedly been steam cleaned, so forget the mussels!

Return to “Around the Scottish Coast”