Oban to the Solway, fancy a trip

Post any interesting Scottish sailing news here . . .
PaulJS
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Mayfly dinghy

Oban to the Solway, fancy a trip

Postby PaulJS » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I bought a Macwester Wight in the Moray Firth last August, and during one of my leaves, with help from a much more experienced sailor than myself brought her through the Caledonian Canal and down to Kerrera where she's spent the winter.

Anyway,I'm planning on bringing her down to Kippford in the Solway, or at least to a berth closer to home during my next leave which will be between 11th and 30th April, obviously all dependent on the weather and how much time I can get away from home for...

The gentleman who helped me last time is keen to help,providing that he's available, but there would be room for another hand if anyone fancies it, although I should emphasise that I'm in the very early stages of planning this trip and it could all fall through.

I'm currently at work overseas, and our internet connection is unreliable to say the least, so I'll apologise for now in case I don't reply to anyone straight away.

Cheers,

Paul

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Re: Oban to the Solway, fancy a trip

Postby Telo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:37 pm

That's a very nice offer and would be ideal for crew looking for a sail and the chance of getting a few sea miles under their belt. Weather can be stinking of course, but can equally be fabulous at that time. I'm spoken for, as it were, for that period, but wish you well in finding crew.

Return to “Around the Scottish Coast”