Oban Bay public meeting 4th February

Post any interesting Scottish sailing news here . . .
cpedw
Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Oban Bay public meeting 4th February

Postby cpedw » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:30 am

7pm, 4th February 2020, Argyllshire Gathering Halls, Breadalbane St, Oban PA34 5NZ.

Oban Community Harbour Development Association (OCHDA) is holding a Public Meeting to address the future of Oban Bay. The meeting will report on progress of plans to run the bay as a Community Harbour Trust Port.

Argyll & Bute Council's Harbour Board has recently agreed that council officers will work with OCHDA to investigate how a new Statutory Harbour Board could be run as a community venture.

stevepick
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Dufour 40

Re: Oban Bay public meeting 4th February

Postby stevepick » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Was anyone able to attend this? What came out of the meeting?

cpedw
Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Re: Oban Bay public meeting 4th February

Postby cpedw » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:02 pm

I was there. It was all very upbeat with progress reported though still a long way to go. I came across this press release on the RHYC site. I hope it's accessible from there; I can't find it on the Oban Harbour website! It gives a fair summary with extra news of the appointment of legal people - the meeting was told it was about to happen but not who it was.

The really significant bit was at the end when CMAL said they were content that progress is being made so they won't be moving to a harbour order of their own for the time being.

Derek

Return to “Around the Scottish Coast”