overwintering near corpach/fort-williams

Post any interesting Scottish sailing news here . . .
bigben
Midshipman
Boat Type: vulcain6

overwintering near corpach/fort-williams

Postby bigben » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Hello,

I am a french sailor from Britanny and would like to winter my boat (ashore) near Corpach for the winter 2017-2018- to sail on caledonian canal in may 2018.

There is only a few boatyards in this area; so I'm searching now.

I contacted ardoran marine (in loch feochan): nice but far from Corpach.
I also contacted Creran marine in loch creran.
Unfortunately, Barcaldine marine is definitly closed.

I've seen a new boatyard in Appin bay "Appin Marine". I went to see them in july; but it was only a waste ground. Wait and see.

Does somebdy have up-to-date information about these boatyards?

Thanks,

Benoit

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Re: overwintering near corpach/fort-williams

Postby Telo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 pm

I believe that Mif Forbes has now got some hard standing at Ardmucknish Bay - http://www.forbesboatcare.co.uk/Contact-Us.php.

Paul and Nick Zvegintzov may have some limited space at Linnhe Marine (near the former mink farm, aka "Appin Marine", which is not connected to Linnhe Marine) - http://www.linnhemarina.co.uk/. However they can only handle relatively small boats and space is extremely limited. Also, I don't think there are electricity connections in the yard.

Mif and the Zvegintzovs are good guys and look after boats well. I have every confidence in them and they might be able to suggest alternatives if they haven't got space.

BTW, hope you don't mind the question, but is your boat Roshven or Rois-Bheinn and did we meet in Newlyn earlier this year?

bigben
Midshipman
Boat Type: vulcain6

Postby bigben » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:50 am

Thankd for your answer

I allready contacted Linhe Marine. But my boat is too big for thir boatyard (first time that my boat is too big..).
I will see with Mif Forbes.

And , by the way, my boat is called Laphroaig ( scottish people like this name). And last time I was in Newlyn was in 1982 or 1983.

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:52 pm

bigben wrote:.... by the way, my boat is called Laphroaig ( scottish people like this name).

;)

Hope Mif can accommodate you. BTW, the Roshven that we met in Newlyn was a singlehander from, as I recall, Nantes, heading north to Loch Ailort.

Return to “Around the Scottish Coast”