The Funding of Higher Education

Good grief, it's the end of the Noughties
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

The Funding of Higher Education

Postby claymore » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 am

I am at a meeting on Friday in London to discuss the above. I shall not be back in the NW of England until 21:00 ish and so will not be minded to set off on the 280 mile drive North.
To leave on Saturday morning and expect someone to hang around waiting for me is an unreasonable expectation - even for a Cruise Director.

It is therefore with regret that I must withdraw from participation in the 2010 CC. I will be on-hand should detailed passage planning or arbitration over some of Webgrunts more dodgy decisions, be required.

As I have regarded him very much as my apprentice for some time now, I shall take the step of appointing Shard as Cruise Director (Acting) for 2010.

I wish you fair winds and limited damage to Cranium, Liver and Kidney.
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Re: The Funding of Higher Education

Postby Telo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 am

claymore wrote:I shall take the step of appointing Shard as Cruise Director (Acting) for 2010.

Overwhelmed as I am by this great honour, I feel that the burden of responsibity will be too great to be borne by my weak shoulders. I shall, therefore, most regretfully have to decline your kind proposal, particularly as we shall be on the briney from later today, and therefore unlikely to be in regular electronic communication with the rest of the Fleet.

In any case, Nick has started making executive decisions, as befits the CEO of a global multimedia enterprise, and it seems we shall be meeting up at Kerrera on Thursday night.

"Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them."

Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 am

Shard
When I issue a directive - as holder of the post of Cruise Director, this is not an invitation to debate.

I have many very good reasons for not inviting Webplank to be CD and I would be happy to discuss those in private with your good self. it would not be appropriate to do so in open and public forum as even he has some sensitivities so we'll leave it at that.

I am disappointed to receive your response - if I had known that you lacked ambition, I should never have invested the hours in you, that I have in coaching the decision making and general caring qualities.

I feel no alternative now but to wash my hands of the whole issue and withdraw my offer of virtual support
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 am

claymore wrote:I am disappointed to receive your response - if I had known that you lacked ambition, I should never have invested the hours in you, that I have in coaching the decision making and general caring qualities.

Master, I am unworthy.

May your Higher Education continue to be well funded.

Return to “CC2010”