Back-up berth required

Good grief, it's the end of the Noughties
Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Back-up berth required

Postby Silkie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Silkie's preparation has not been going as smoothly as might have been desired :oops: but we launch on Thursday morning, with the blessing. This is obviously cutting it a bit fine and it would only take one small glitch to put the kibosh on the CC for me.

It seems no more than prudent therefore to have an alternative berth organised for the very lovely Mr. Cooper in case of need. Any suggestions chentlemen?
different colours made of tears

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Etap 30

Re: Back-up berth required

Postby DaveS » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 pm

I could provide a berth, but it would involve missing the Thursday night pre-cruise party (see previous posts). Current plans are for Adrian to arrive at Craobh before the office shuts and make a start on sorting things out before I arrive at c. 2230.

My arrangements are also very last minute. To give a flavour, I've only just remembered to put the dinghy in the car tomorrow. Goodness knows what else has been overlooked. :shock:

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Don't panic but remember Pete Cooper is expecting a berth as well. I have warned him to be careful which kettle he brews up in. I am sure that if the worst comes to the worst someone will take you both in.

Capricious went through the Crinan today and will be at Dunstaffnage on Thursday if they survive the Corryvreckan.

I'm bringing two women as usual, but not the dangerous red-headed one this year. Who is bringing the drink and will Charlie Farlie be there with some tins of Skippers??
- Nick 8)

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:12 pm

As you know, there isn't much stowage space on Shard but we have space for at least one - in the forepeak if short enough, or, in the quarterberth. We could take two at a pinch but it would be a bit tight.

We expect to be in Dunstaffnage, or wherever it is we are supposed to be meeting, on Thursday evening.

Where are we meeting?

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Hm, i think this is a shameless attempt to win entitlement to Todkanormous breakfasting rights after years of miserable tea-and-toast. Boarders will be repelled in the usual auld style - flicked cig butts, loud coughing and ominous stares.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:05 pm

So help me, I will never eat another tcm breakfast - standard, deluxe or otherwise - ever.

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Huh! You only had the leftovers last time. On overseas duty, Todka normally requires the giant catering pack of baked beans.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 pm

It doesn't bear thinking about.

Return to “CC2010”