Pre-cruise drinkies

Good grief, it's the end of the Noughties
Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Pre-cruise drinkies

Postby Silkie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:23 pm

The Frog will not be open in time for next Thursday. Indeed any date for opening seems very remote at the moment. The Oban Inn is also still closed.

How about Auley's? It shouldn't be too busy on a Thursday at the end of April.
we can be heroes

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Re: Pre-cruise drinkies

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Aulays is in town though - should we replan and meet up at Kerrera or on the moorings in Cardingmill Bay for the Thursday? Nearer for the Friday start unless we are going up Loch Linnhe as well.
- Nick 8)

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Once the powers that be have deecided where we're meeting on Thursday, could someone let us know please? For those who have the numbers, you may have to contact us by mobile as we're probably going to the boat tomorrow, Monday, for a couple of days of acclimatisation.

Nick
Admiral of the Blue

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02 am

Shard wrote:Once the powers that be have deecided where we're meeting on Thursday, could someone let us know please? For those who have the numbers, you may have to contact us by mobile as we're probably going to the boat tomorrow, Monday, for a couple of days of acclimatisation.

Right, executive decision - all boats who can make it should meet at Kerrera Thursday PM/evening for drinks either there or in Oban. That will give Silkie a brief shakedown cruise if she gets in the water, plus it puts us all a bit nearer wherever we end up going.

We need to get Paul's mobile number (Capricious) to let them know, as at the moment they are heading for Dunstaffnage. I'll contact LJS, so Todka will know, and I'll phone the Shards if they don't see this.

Who else needs to know who won't see this?

And - who is going to offer Dave and Pete a berth if Silkie is hors de combat? (Although I am sure she won't be).

And - Charlie Farlie, are you coming or not, and if so where/when are you launching and do you require assistance?

Calling all ships, report in now please. Claymore, yer sacked.
- Nick 8)

cpedw
Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Postby cpedw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:52 am

Throughout the cold dark days of winter, I had presumed that my new status as a retired person would ensure my availability for the full CC with extras. Then the distaff side made irrevocable social arrangements for Friday evening. So, does anyone mind if we attempt to catch up with you all on Saturday?
There's also a small proviso - I went to Spain shortly before Iceland exploded so there was an enforced break from fitting out and the boat is not yet quite ready, though the work should be complete in time if nothing unexpected goes badly wrong.
I will liaise with Silkie by mobile.
Derek

tcm
Old Salt

Re: Pre-cruise drinkies -oban please

Postby tcm » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:48 pm

I am hoping you lot might be within mob phone of range of oban town centre thurs? Text me where the hell u are 0044 75 99 34 99 54

ParaHandy
Old Salt

Re: Pre-cruise drinkies -oban please

Postby ParaHandy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:08 pm

tcm wrote:Text me ... 0044 ...

Erm .. that's ominous .. are you back in the UK yet? and are you passing Oxford?

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:42 pm

So, as suggested above, I plan to sail round to Kerrera on Thursday evening. PC's ETA is 19.00 and the slacker will have missed all the work but at least the tide will be with us. The wind doesn't look too promising at the moment so if it's really 'orrible or Pete is really late we can always drive round.

Looking forward to it. All I have to do is get a boat in the water first.
we can be heroes

Nick
Admiral of the Blue

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Silkie wrote:So, as suggested above, I plan to sail round to Kerrera on Thursday evening. PC's ETA is 19.00 but at least the tide will be with us. The wind doesn't look too promising at the moment so if it's really 'orrible or Pete is really late we can always drive round.

Looking forward to it. All I have to do is get a boat in the water first.

Wind doesn't look too bad - coming from Dunstaffnage to Oban it should be a F5 SW, bit of a slog but not a long one. See the post above for forecasts. Perhaps someone could ring Pete and suggegst he goes straight to Kerrera unless it would be better to leave his car at Dunsrtaffnage.
- Nick 8)

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 pm

I'd considered that but don't know of anywhere for him to leave his car.
we can be heroes

Nick
Admiral of the Blue

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Silkie wrote:I'd considered that but don't know of anywhere for him to leave his car.

Well, rather than you hanging around until really late you could suggest he heads back to Oban by bus or similar and meet up with us after dumping his car. He is coming up after work so it may be pretty late.
- Nick 8)

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 pm

I am of course pleased that you have taken up the onerous burden of Cruise Directorship but see no need for you to extend your guiding hand into my arrangements with my crew. :P
we can be heroes

Nick
Admiral of the Blue

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Silkie wrote:I am of course pleased that you have taken up the onerous burden of Cruise Directorship but see no need for you to extend your guiding hand into my arrangements with my crew. :P

We just don't want to wait for you on Friday . . . . better if we are all at Dunstaffnage I thought.

As for the 'onerous burden' - I will probably have collapsed under the strain by Thursday, and I think that logically you are next in line.
- Nick 8)

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Nick wrote:. . . . better if we are all at Dunstaffnage I thought.

Apart from the lack of a boozerie.
we can be heroes

Nick
Admiral of the Blue

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 am

Silkie wrote:
Nick wrote:. . . . better if we are all at Dunstaffnage I thought.

Apart from the lack of a boozerie.

Erm . . . I meant of course 'best if we are all at Kerrera I thought'. The terrible burden of responsibility is taking its toll already . . . Claymore's worst fears may be coming to pass.
- Nick 8)

Return to “CC2010”