Check-in time.

Good grief, it's the end of the Noughties
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Check-in time.

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:18 am

It would seem that the Cruise Director has lent his brain cell to his granddaughter and gone native in Lower Scandewegia, so I wondered if we should have some sort of penultimate pre-cruise muster on this thread.

All I know so far:

Fairwinds - self, garredfox and possibly a.n.other
Shard - Shard & MMe Shard (with whom we have this very night won another T&T quiz :thumbsup: )
Silkie - Silkie & ??
Avilion - we presume?

Charlie Farlie is hoping to tow his Corribbee over so Silkie can become a big boat, but if it doesn't happen he will be looking for a berth

Otherwise I am not sure who is definite and who is not. We are near enough now, so if you are definitely coming maybe you could put boat name and crew down on this thread just for interest.
- Nick 8)

Pete Cooper
Old Salt
Boat Type: Micro Gem 550 Super Yacht

Re: Check-in time.

Postby Pete Cooper » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:17 am

I am set to be sailing aboard the good ship Silkie - I will drive up on the Thursday after work - do we meet in the Wide Mouthed Frog?
Capricious should also be attending - crewed by Paul, his new bride Calli, and my mate Pete.

tcm
Old Salt

Avilion

Postby tcm » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Ljs pm'd me and it looks as tho he's going. I'm also planning to be there, volcano ash permitting return from other side of atlantic. Possibly para too...

ljs
Old Salt
Boat Type: Sadler 34

Re: Avilion

Postby ljs » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:02 pm

tcm wrote:Ljs pm'd me and it looks as tho he's going. I'm also planning to be there, volcano ash permitting return from other side of atlantic. Possibly para too...

I will be on Todka from sunday next, possible lift out and hold Balvicar following mon/tue for aunty fowling. So if tcm and/or Para are there thursday you can count us in.

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:16 pm

oops, i called ljs's boat by the wrong name. So yes, i will be lost somewhere in balvicar on the thursday..

maybe ljs can send me a txt sometime (sent pm) so's i get his number on t'new phone and can advise which field i am driving through...

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Etap 30

Postby DaveS » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:34 pm

Avilion should be there (with all the usual caveats abouts getting various jobs done between now and then). Self + Adrian so far. As posted before, current plan (assuming planes are flying) is to get up to Craobh about 2300 Thursday night. If no planes, then Fri morning about 0130 might be possible. Haven't looked at tides yet re. rendezvousing with rest of party on Friday.

MrMcP
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Other peoples...

Postby MrMcP » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Unfortunately it's looking unlikely I will be able to come along this time. Although Ogun's in the water, and been out for her first sail of the year, we have a few issues to work on and that weekend is likely to be the first chance we get to do anything with them, and also the last to shakedown the boat before the peaks race. If the jobs don't take as long as expected then we'll be floating around the area that weekend and will wave/take pics/sing along, but will keep our assembled children well clear for your own sanity.

That's the Scuttlebutt and Chentlemen's Cruises missed in the space of 2 weeks. Damn.

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:57 am

We'll be in the area on Thursday night or Friday morning - we have berth space available, and could take one, maybe two.

I'm assuming the plan is to meet up in the Frog at some point on Thursday evening.

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Etap 30

Postby DaveS » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Having now looked at the tides, it seems that HW Oban is 0727 BST on Friday, so Avilion won't be able to get through Cuan or Luing until about 1130, so we won't be able to rendezvous till afternoon. Not an issue, depending on the chosen route. A clockwise circumnavigation of Mull with a c. of d. start to catch the afternoon tide for the Sd. of Iona might give us problems...

Since we won't be at Dunstaffnage on Thursday night for the planning bevvy, could someone please give me a call or text my mobile (pm for number if you don't already have it) so that we know what's been decided? Thanks!

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 am

At the moment weather is looking rubbish with strong SW on Thursday going NW on Friday. Its likely to be too horrible for a clockwise circumnav of Mull so my thoughts are:

a) Latish morning departure from Oban for the usual beat up to Tobers with the tide but agin the wind, Lochaline as an alternate if it all gets too grim

b) Change destination to Ardfern and be at the Dorus Mor before the flood starts (11.00?? Could someone with a brain please work this out?)

c) Head for Craobh Friday morning and regroup with Avilion - need to be through Cuan by 12:00

d) Joker - head up Loch Linnhe. Perhaps the Shards could give us their thoughts on this one?

e) Of course the weather will probably all be different when it arrives so maybe best not to pick a definite plan until nearer the time (like Thurs night . . . )
- Nick 8)

Return to “CC2010”