So, who's all going on CC2010, which boats and...

Good grief, it's the end of the Noughties
Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

So, who's all going on CC2010, which boats and...

Postby Telo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:48 pm

... who needs berths?

Shard should be in service by then, complete with serviceable forward hatch; don't yet know about intentions of offspring, but we may be able to take one or two.

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Re: So, who's all going on CC2010, which boats and...

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Fairwinds will of course be there . . . 2 spare berths for the desperate as Hazard to Shipping has a more luxurious berth booked elsewhere. Bring a decent bottle of malt.
- Nick 8)

Shuggy
Old Salt
Boat Type: A new old boat

Postby Shuggy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:54 pm

The (new) (old) good ship Shuggy V should be there. No spare berths, I'm afraid, but probably some drams on board. Slightly depends on work but I'm feeling optimistic that I can do better than a 2 minute visit to the fleet in Oban this year.
---
Shuggy

MrMcP
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Other peoples...

Postby MrMcP » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00 am

Ogun should be there, 3 spare berths, if the missing bottles of malt from last year can be found then we're virtually a floating distillery....

Mark
Old Salt

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:31 am

Shard wrote:... who needs berths?

Shard should be in service by then, complete with serviceable forward hatch; don't yet know about intentions of offspring, but we may be able to take one or two.

I'm must be missing something obvious but, what's the date of CC2010?

Telo
Admiral of the Red

Postby Telo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Good point. Unless it's been changed by the powers that be, it should be over the May Day weekend from Friday 30th April to Monday 3rd May. Some of us are usually fortunate in being able to take a few days either side, which is kind of nice. :)

Pete Cooper
Old Salt
Boat Type: Micro Gem 550 Super Yacht

Postby Pete Cooper » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:15 pm

Shard wrote:Unless it's been changed by the powers that be, it should be over the May Day weekend from Friday 30th April to Monday 3rd May.

That's the dates I thought it was - I am planning on being ensconced in the unsurpassed luxury of Silkie. My pal from Sheffield whom some of you have met is hoping to be crewing with DaveS, although he is probably looking for a berth for the Thursday night - I believe Dave is at Craobh and won't join the cruise until Friday - so - any offers for the Thursday night?

Telo
Admiral of the Red

Postby Telo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Pete - sure we can work something out. We usually start on the Thursday PM, and should be OK for space. Will confirm and check details closer to the date - OK?

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:31 am

Silkie will also be there (touch wood) and although she may be slighty over-booked at present, at least 3/4 of her proposed crew will drop out before we sail and she'll probably be single-handed as usual.
we can be heroes

Pete Cooper
Old Salt

Postby Pete Cooper » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:44 am

Silkie wrote:Silkie will also be there and at least 3/4 of her proposed crew will drop out before we sail and she'll probably be single-handed as usual.

I will be there - I expect my cabin to be well aired, my duvet turned down and a mint on my pillow. I also quite like the end of the toilet paper folded into a sort of pointy shape.
I am looking forward to it.

Pete Cooper
Old Salt

Postby Pete Cooper » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:49 am

Shard wrote:Pete - sure we can work something out. We usually start on the Thursday PM, and should be OK for space. Will confirm and check details closer to the date - OK?

Donald thanks very much - that's ideal. I am not sure when Pete is travelling - he might already be up here as he is also attending the Scuttlebutt Cruise the weekend before, but my plans are to drive up after work on Thursday - the latest I will finish is 16:00 in Dumbarton(realistically I will take the afternoon off - the joys of flexi)but I will probably be collecting FullCircle from GLA.
Thanks again, Pete

DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Etap 30

Postby DaveS » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Well, with my foresail furler bracket now re-welded, and the warmer weather hopefully allowing a bit more progress with the fibreglassing later this week, Avilion's presence is looking more hopeful.

As Pete says, I do have a slight problem in that I am (yet again) in London on the Thursday afternoon. No flight booked yet, but I can't see me getting into GLA before 2000 at the earliest, 2100 more likely, so a Craobh arrival at 2200 or 2300. So I'm potentially able to supply berth(s) that night, but it might mean hanging about for a while. I think the pub shuts at midnight...

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Pete Cooper wrote:I will be there - I expect my cabin to be well aired, my duvet turned down and a mint on my pillow. I also quite like the end of the toilet paper folded into a sort of pointy shape.

The cabin is always well airy, your duvet will certainly be turned down should you be foolish enough to bring one and while we are more into mint juleps than mints at bedtime, I'm quite sure a packet of Polos could be arranged. However, we usually only fold the toilet paper after it has been used.

I presume you're still OK for the scrubbing and anti-fouling weekend at the end of March?
we can be heroes

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Anyone heard anything from the Laird's party yet?
we can be heroes

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 pm

And why hasn't FullCircle checked in yet?
we can be heroes

Return to “CC2010”