The idea is simplicity itself -
- 1 You contemplate all the likely purchases for your boat over the winter period - things like ropes, anti-foul, new blocks, engines, winches, batteries, etc., etc.
- 2 You advise the forum of your likely wants - perhaps Nick could start a dedicated space under the Members confidentiality?
- 3 Others indicate if they want the same things
- 4 One of you volunteers to negotiate with suppliers for quantity price
- 5 Firm and binding agreement followed by payment
- 6 Man hunt for anyone who reneges after 5 with dire consequences to him and his boat - we know who you are!
Cable, ropes etc. are a lot cheaper by the reel than by the metre.