After scrapping old antifouling back to fibreglass and sand it with a 120 grade sand disc... I am ready to apply epoxy and then Coppercoat this weekend if the forecast remains rain-free.
The problem is that I am in Scotland’s west coast and temperatures are forecast to be between 7-12C, which is at the lower end of the “suitable” conditions.
I have contacted Coppercoat and they have been helpful with a few tips. Their message is that albeit the conditions are within the suitable range, just, if possible is better to wait until later in March or April when it should be warmer and drier.
Forecast is for dry weather but temperatures are expected as a minimum of 7C at night and 12C max during the day from Saturday to Monday.Forecast 1Forecast 2
Lift-in date is scheduled for Sat 7 April with the Club (i.e: low cost). I could wait and do a marina launch and mast step up at a cost of c£200 if I don’t get another weather window before Club lift-in date.
Question is: has any forumite applied Coppercoat (and the epoxy they supply) in conditions such as forecast this weekend in the Clyde area?
What would forumites that have applied Coppercoat before do?
Wait for better weather and ensure a 100% perfect application, or use the weather window this weekend even if it is at the lower end of suitable range?
Will it make a difference in the number of years the epoxy and Coppercoat will work efficiently?
Thanks in advance for any helpful guidance.