Autohelm parts

How things work, what's hot and what's not
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30

Autohelm parts

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:35 pm

I know this should be in the wanted section but thought it would be be better here.
I am looking for a main board for my Autohelm 1000, the older model, black in colour with the red joint seal and standby/auto buttons.
C_W

Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral

Re: Autohelm parts

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Must say I am overwhelmed by the lack of response to this thread.
Someone out there must know someone who might know someone who might have heard of someone who knows someone who just might have once had one of these units that he threw in a cupboard just incase someone might come across someone who could be looking for spares. No?
I am even willing to swap a few Green Shield Stamps for one. :lol:

Even dissapointed I dident get a sarcastic reply from Marissa :o
C_W

marisca
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Postby marisca » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Clyde_Wanderer wrote:Even dissapointed I dident get a sarcastic reply from Marissa :o
C_W

You cannae mean me, can you?

I can't help you - got the remains of a TP32 that died 2 days outside the guarantee and the b'tards wanted about 50p less than a new yin to fix. Was going to put it on ebay - some eejit will probably buy it even if I tell them how knackered it is.

Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

marisca wrote:
Clyde_Wanderer wrote:Even dissapointed I dident get a sarcastic reply from Marissa :o
C_W

You cannae mean me, can you?

I can't help you - got the remains of a TP32 that died 2 days outside the guarantee and the b'tards wanted about 50p less than a new yin to fix. Was going to put it on ebay - some eejit will probably buy it even if I tell them how knackered it is.

How knackered is it, motor, pcb, gears, casing etc?
U sure its not reedemable?

Well I thought mine was for the bin this time, but thanks to the large magnifying glass swmbo bought me and a few hours scrutinising the board as if it were microscopic organisms suspended in a tiny drop of water, (sounds like something from War of the Worlds) I have redeemed it and it is now working perfect again.
Took a while because once the auto button was pressed the rod kept moving to and fro and would then go fully one way or the other, until I discovered more loose solder joints.
This is the third time I am glad I dident dump it as was my initial thoughts each time it packed up.
Think there might be any companies who would make the bare circuit boards without their componants on them so I could fit it out with either the old componants or new ones, something like flat packed?
C_W

Return to “Gear and Gadgets”