Taylor's Paraffin Cooker Angst

How things work, what's hot and what's not
Hollandia
Midshipman
Boat Type: ketch

Taylor's Paraffin Cooker Angst

Postby Hollandia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:07 am

Hey. I LIKE the thing, it is eccentric and that is ok with me, like a rescued pet. However, is there ANYONE who can talk jets with me, I mean REALLY talk jets and control valves, not just sit there and drink my beer and go oh yeah, well you just have to play around with the bits.
I have three burners. One functions well but there is always this little business of fuel in pan when priming, and I just don't know when it gets in there? One roars like a blow torch on steroids. The third won't close down and spits. Is this the control valve or the little notched jet that is ka-put? I am FLUMMOXED, and what's more, I am a liveaboard hausfrau with a penchant for baking under stress so if I can't bake I may get drastic and festoon the pontoon with fairie lights. I do have all the bits for it, and have replaced jets, etc. I am reluctant to replace the original style burners with the later-issued Optimus burners (ka-ching, ka-ching)... Has anyone done this, and does the new burner style unit have the same control-valve issues.

Orla
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Lafitte 44

Re: Taylor's Paraffin Cooker Angst

Postby Orla » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:07 pm

:D
We got the fairie lights if you want to borrow them :chef

Return to “Gear and Gadgets”