Old Salt
Boat Type: Nordship 35DS

Re: Talk me out of it.

Postby cpedw » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:24 am

Now you can be allowed access to all the Westerly Owners goodies :
Westerly Owners Association
Yahoo message board
Web forum

Quaintly, the Yahoo message board is very active but the newer web forum gets only a little traffic, even though it's much easier to follow a thread there. Surely it's not because Westerly owners are set in their ways?

Derek

aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace

Postby aquaplane » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:05 pm

I had a good look round the WOA web site and forum as I was doing my research looking for a boat so I'm familliar with them. Recently I reluctantly joined the Yahoo group since so many folk were reffered to it on the forum "you will find that this question has been comprehensivly covered on the Yahoo group". The forum is far easier to follow, but I suppose I will get used to the Yahoo group in time.

A nice day like today work really is the curse of the sailing classes. :tiphat:
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace 1000

Postby lady_stormrider » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks very much for all the messages. As of this afternoon we have taken posession of the bill of sale and the most amazing set of paperwork, including her Isle of Man harbour inspection stamps. We have spent the weekend drying out the boat, finding where everything is - including her 1980's mobile phone. She's at present on hard standing at Burneside near Windermere and will be afloat in 3-5 weeks (weather permitting)

Bob keeps stroking her bottom and not mine. He keeps playing with the cocks.....they are a bit stiff and keep spurting water out at me.
Became a full-time sailor at the end of May

lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace 1000

Postby lady_stormrider » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:50 am

Just a quick update on this thread as it comes up to it's third anniversary. The Westerly Tiger we looked at is STILL on brokerage unsold. We calculate that with mooring fees, cleaning, haul outs/ins and winter storage costs since it first went up for sale well over 5 years ago, that it's cost the owner more than the price of the boat. She's never moved off her mooring and is hardly visited.

In the three years we've sold Aquaplane, got two boats which we sail up and down and around and about and trail to Scotland. I've even got a ruddy mirror dinghy.

And had loads of FUN!
Became a full-time sailor at the end of May

Return to “Gear and Gadgets”