ROCNA - stock now held in the UK

How things work, what's hot and what's not
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

ROCNA - stock now held in the UK

Postby Nick » Thu May 15, 2008 6:00 pm

Craig Smith of Rocna Anchors has been in touch to let me know that they now have an Irish distributor and a UK agent and there is stock on the ground in the UK.

I have now added the Rocna UK website to the Anchoring listings (revised and updated today) at http://www.bluemoment.com/anchoring.html
- Nick 8)

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Re: ROCNA - stock now held in the UK

Postby Telo » Thu May 15, 2008 9:57 pm

Nick wrote:.
stock on the ground in the UK.l

Having the anchor stock on the seabed doesn't seem to be too much of problem for a CQR when it's put under load. I presume the Rocna performs equally well?

bilbo
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Cutlass27

Anchor ratings

Postby bilbo » Fri May 16, 2008 12:29 am

In one respect, they're nowhere near as good as a good old-fashioned CQR-type...... and that's in demolishing the smart 'lecky boxes on the new pontoons at Tobermory!

:pid

sahona
Admiral of the White
Boat Type: Marcon Claymore

Postby sahona » Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Donald, you didn't specify the relative juxtapositions of the lock and barrell relative to the stock,vis-a-vis the peceived seabed, taking into account the viscosity of the semisolids at the sea/land interface. Plough-angle is important, and I think it could be improved by attaching a float to the articulation, in order to faciitate a vertical angle of dangle at the moment of critical density transfer, thus ensuring a deep and satisfying penetration, instead of slithering sideways, as so often happens.
Would you be interested in a small investment to produce a new magical failsafe anchor which will, at the very least, provide forum-fodder if nothing else?
http://trooncruisingclub.org/ 20' - 30' Berths available, Clyde.
Cruising, racing, maintenance facilities. Go take a look, you know you want to.

Return to “Gear and Gadgets”