Value of winter boat cover ?

How things work, what's hot and what's not
solwaycruiser
Able Seaman

Value of winter boat cover ?

Postby solwaycruiser » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi All,
I have an overall winter cover for a Beneteau 473 that came with previous bout. I never used it although it is used but in good condition. I need to make space and will try to sell later this year when the lock down is over. Has anybody a clue as to how to value it ? I have absolutely no idea and expect it will be a hit and miss if I can find someone who can use it and wants it. It will not be couriered as the weight is significant so even more limiting.
Not trying to sell it with this post this is a genuine question. Plenty time later in the year for that. Thanks for any feedback.
Ian

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Re: Value of winter boat cover ?

Postby claymore » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:03 pm

£300-500 perhaps?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

solwaycruiser
Able Seaman

Re: Value of winter boat cover ?

Postby solwaycruiser » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 pm

I was thinking that as well but didn't really have a clue. At the end of the day it is only worth what someone will pay and that the cost of brand new cover will have little bearing on that.
Came with a boat I bought and brought back from the Netherlands where they tend to do winter covers more than we do here.

May try the YBW for sale forum in due course, limit £400. Being in Scotland and it being too heavy and bulky to consider couriering it does limit my prospects though !

Thanks for the feed back

Return to “Gear and Gadgets”