RIP Cruiser Uno :(

How things work, what's hot and what's not
Mavanier
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Albin Vega, Wayfarer, Graduate

RIP Cruiser Uno :(

Postby Mavanier » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:35 am

So, International claim that Uno has been replaced by Cruiser 250. But a quick glance at the specs show that the new product needs two or three coats, and whilst the drying times are reasonable there's obviously no way you can do this in a single tide. A right embuggerance for tight arsed gits like me (who has only paid for a lift out three times in eight years of boat ownership).

Are there any other one-coat antifouls out there?

I am at least in the fortunate position of not having antifouled until August last year (don't ask) so I can probably put it off for a bit this year.

mm5aho
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 32

Re: RIP Cruiser Uno :(

Postby mm5aho » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 am

Flag.
https://flagpaints.co.uk/marine/
They have two types, cruising and "performance"
I've used the cruising for a few years and it works well in the Clyde and west coast areas I've sailed.
Several of us combined a year back and bought a job lot. I'm now down to 2.5 tins left after a 2 coat this spring having had the hull refurbished.
Incidently I see 0.5kn better speed after cleaning off 40 years worth of antifoul buildup.
Geoff.
"Contender" Rival 32: Roseneath this winter, Gourock in summer.

Mavanier
Master Mariner
Boat Type: Albin Vega, Wayfarer, Graduate

Re: RIP Cruiser Uno :(

Postby Mavanier » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:30 pm

I have heard some good things about Flag. Just going by the data sheet though, it current seem to like being immersed too soon after application.
I was able to track down a couple of tins of Uno in the end, just in black rather than the blue I had before. Will give me the incentive I need to do a boot top I suppose.

Return to “Gear and Gadgets”