Passage tomorrow?

Tell us where you've been, trade information
User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Passage tomorrow?

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Some friends all set to leave Ardoran marine this morning heading for Crinnan but postponed because of weather forecast.
Given tomorrows forecast what do you locals reckon their chances are?
Its a Cutlass 26/27 which one of them has bought there and is taking to the Clyde.
Incidently do any of you know the previous owner/vendor?
C_W

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Ok dont all rush to give advice, the day is finnished now.
No wonder I dont come on here very often, where's the bloody angry smilie?
C_W

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5665
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Clyde_Wanderer wrote:Ok dont all rush to give advice, the day is finnished now.
No wonder I dont come on here very often, where's the bloody angry smilie?
C_W


Eamonn, I don't know why you are so angry - all any of us an do is look at the various forecasts on the web and pick the one we like best. He who gives firm advice on weather is sticking his neck out rather a long way surely?

What did they do? Wind was fresh from a vaguely NE direction all day, so I would have thought they would have been OK for a hop down to Crinan.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
claymore
Admiral of the Green
Posts: 4223
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Boat Type: Claymore
Location: Northern Hemisphere

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby claymore » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 am

In retrospect, I think they will be fine.

Now, one good turn deserves another. We are cycling from Cockermouth tomorrow, heading over to the coast and round by Silloth then back

What do you reckon?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5665
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:49 am

claymore wrote:Now, one good turn deserves another. We are cycling from Cockermouth tomorrow, heading over to the coast and round by Silloth then back

What do you reckon?


Take a puncture repair kit.
- Nick 8)

Image

User avatar
aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:55 pm
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace
Location: Body: West Yorks; Boat: Tayvallich
Contact:

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby aquaplane » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:24 am

And a rain coat.

My son laying a water pipe in a road at Cockermouth this week so if you see a big trencher tell him Hi from me. The vans will have Stanley on them.
Image
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 am

claymore wrote:In retrospect, I think they will be fine.

Now, one good turn deserves another. We are cycling from Cockermouth tomorrow, heading over to the coast and round by Silloth then back

What do you reckon?


Take the saddle of your bike, you will then enjoy it all the more!

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:21 am

aquaplane wrote:And a rain coat.

My son laying a water pipe in a road at Cockermouth this week so if you see a big trencher tell him Hi from me. The vans will have Stanley on them.
Image


That will be a pretty sight then, Claymore on a saddless bike (enjoying it) and stanly on a van!

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 am

Nick wrote:
Clyde_Wanderer wrote:Ok dont all rush to give advice, the day is finnished now.
No wonder I dont come on here very often, where's the bloody angry smilie?
C_W


Eamonn, I don't know why you are so angry - all any of us an do is look at the various forecasts on the web and pick the one we like best. He who gives firm advice on weather is sticking his neck out rather a long way surely?

What did they do? Wind was fresh from a vaguely NE direction all day, so I would have thought they would have been OK for a hop down to Crinan.


Waited until today.
None of the two of them are very good at navigating, they have no vhf or nav lights.
But I reckon they will get there in the end.

User avatar
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Posts: 5665
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27
Location: Oban. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:31 am

Clyde_Wanderer wrote:
Waited until today.
None of the two of them are very good at navigating, they have no vhf or nav lights.
But I reckon they will get there in the end.


Lighter winds today.

The only hard bits are getting out of Feochan and making sure Big Doris is going your way. I'm sure they will be fine.
- Nick 8)

Image

Pete Cooper
Old Salt
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 pm
Boat Type: Micro Gem 550 Super Yacht

Re: Passage tomorrow?

Postby Pete Cooper » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Clyde_Wanderer wrote:None of the two of them are very good at navigating, they have no vhf or nav lights.

I don't use the VHF or nav lights for navigating ..... well OK only occasionally when I ask those nice helpful orange and blue boats where I am :mrgreen:


Return to “Passages and Places”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests