No Room in the Inn

Tell us where you've been, trade information
Old Troll
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Vega

No Room in the Inn

Postby Old Troll » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Oban is a very busy place as you all know. Old Troll visiting Oban on Saturday last in the wind and rain got the very last berth available at Oban marina. The sailing club moorings vere also all taken. Other yachts were searching for a place to lay there weary and very wet heads. We came round from the Clyde about ten days ago to Ballachulish for the next six weeks or so. The main hazard on the tide driven journey where speeds of 9-11 knots were obtained for long periods by a 10hp engine were the midges in Gigha and Jura. I thought that I ought to post something no matter how boring. By the way the Carradale moorings have so far not materialised, but I understand are still planned to take place. :oldtroll:
Keep Her Afloat M'Boy

mm5aho
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 32

Re: No Room in the Inn

Postby mm5aho » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Passing through Oban Bay (Puldobhrain overnight - and eaten by midges there too - on way to Dunstaffnage), it seemed full. There was a huge yacht anchored over by the marina which seemed full, and most of the mooring buoys on mainland side were full.

Dunstaffnage wasn't over full though. I did admire the new crane they've acquired. Looks like a remote control job (radio). Next they'll be driving it from the office!
Geoff.
"Contender" Rival 32: Roseneath this winter, Gourock in summer.

Return to “Passages and Places”