Free worldwide charts online.

Tell us where you've been, trade information
User avatar
Mark
Old Salt
Posts: 887
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Free worldwide charts online.

Postby Mark » Mon May 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Just in case anyone missed it on TOP:


Free worldwide charts online:

http://www.shipfinder.com/main/defaultwork

Firstly click "English" on the top right corner.
Secondly select full on the top right of the Chart area. (Labelled "Chart - F" of some such.)

The Eastoke Bouy at Chi is there (Feb) & that's not made it onto my recently updated Navionics app yet, so apparently fairly up to date.

Daydreaming and home/work has just got better. :-)

(The AIS is rubbish by the way.)

User avatar
DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:10 am
Boat Type: Seastream 34
Location: Me: Falkirk, Boat: Craobh
Contact:

Re: Free worldwide charts online.

Postby DaveS » Tue May 31, 2011 2:02 pm

I agree - a great tool for wasting time!

It's fairly up to date: the Ardluing S cardinal (Feb?) is shown but the new Branra light (Apr?) isn't. I'm hoping to get a look at the latter later this week to see whether or not the old iron "wicker man" has been replaced.
Image

User avatar
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1351
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 am
Boat Type: Contessa 32
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Free worldwide charts online.

Postby marisca » Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm

You can save yourself the bother - I was there before you - http://www.bluemoment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6324&p=29562#p29562

User avatar
marisca
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1351
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 am
Boat Type: Contessa 32
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Free worldwide charts online.

Postby marisca » Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm

You can save yourself the bother - I was there before you - http://www.bluemoment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6324&p=29562#p29562

User avatar
DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:10 am
Boat Type: Seastream 34
Location: Me: Falkirk, Boat: Craobh
Contact:

Re: Free worldwide charts online.

Postby DaveS » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Quite right. Functional, but not the same "character".

Another missing feature is discussed on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6424&view=unread#unread
Image

User avatar
Clyde_Wanderer
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1107
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Boat Type: Hummingbird 30
Location: Clyde

Re: Free worldwide charts online.

Postby Clyde_Wanderer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Mark wrote:Just in case anyone missed it on TOP:


Free worldwide charts online:

http://www.shipfinder.com/main/defaultwork

Firstly click "English" on the top right corner.
Secondly select full on the top right of the Chart area. (Labelled "Chart - F" of some such.)

The Eastoke Bouy at Chi is there (Feb) & that's not made it onto my recently updated Navionics app yet, so apparently fairly up to date.

Daydreaming and home/work has just got better. :-)

(The AIS is rubbish by the way.)



How does one stop or get rid of the distance measurement tool and clear the measurements?
C_W

User avatar
DaveS
Yellow Admiral
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:10 am
Boat Type: Seastream 34
Location: Me: Falkirk, Boat: Craobh
Contact:

Re: Free worldwide charts online.

Postby DaveS » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Clyde_Wanderer wrote:How does one stop or get rid of the distance measurement tool and clear the measurements?
C_W


This took a bit of finding, but if you double left click after doing a measurement or creating a measurement "diagram", a cross in a box appears next to the last point drawn. Click on the box and the figure (and the cross box) disappears.
Image

User avatar
Mark
Old Salt
Posts: 887
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Re: Free worldwide charts online.

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:11 pm

DaveS wrote:
Clyde_Wanderer wrote:How does one stop or get rid of the distance measurement tool and clear the measurements?
C_W


This took a bit of finding, but if you double left click after doing a measurement or creating a measurement "diagram", a cross in a box appears next to the last point drawn. Click on the box and the figure (and the cross box) disappears.


Good spot. I tried and failed.


Return to “Passages and Places”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests