Bosuns Table Cafe at Largs

Tell us where you've been, trade information
fjarvis
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Colvic Watson

Bosuns Table Cafe at Largs

Postby fjarvis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Was down in Largs yesterday rigging the sails and giving the engine some new oil and filters. I popped up to get some lunch and there was a sign outside the marina office saying that the Bosuns Table is 'closed until further notice' was quite surprised as it was open two weeks ago when I had the boat hoisted in and it's really busy at the moment with Regattas being closed for refurbishment.

Anyone know what's up?

FJ

Afrita
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Contessa 32

Re: Bosuns Table Cafe at Largs

Postby Afrita » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:49 pm

There was something in the local paper a few months ago about a dispute with the marina over a rent review, so my assumption is that it relates to that. The notice (in the gents) on Saturday said that they were closing down with effect from 6 April, so it does seem permanent.

It seems that the shop is also closed, and whilst it wasn't much good it was the only food shop on site.

I hope Regattas reopening as Scotts doesn't mean that it's going to become like Scotts in Troon: the whole of the southside of Glasgow there every weekend and little chance of a table on spec for a passing sailor. I expect that the owners are hoping exactly the opposite as they must be making a killing in Troon. [Food's good in Troon though and not that dear either so my complaint is just about it being packed.]

fjarvis
Able Seaman
Boat Type: Colvic Watson

Postby fjarvis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:52 pm

That's not so good - it was really handy (and cheap) for takeaway coffees and bacon rolls in the morning!

Yes, I hope that they do a good job with Regattas / Scotts as it was pretty handy when the weather wasn't playing ball or I'd arrived the night before for an early departure.

sahona
Admiral of the White
Boat Type: Marcon Claymore

Postby sahona » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Jings crivvens, help-ma boab, it's our (TCC) opening muster to Largs in a week or two.
Let's hope the place isn'y shut.
It sounds as if it could be like going round the western isles just after the malts cruise - when the distilleries close for plumbing until the harvest comes in...
http://trooncruisingclub.org/ 20' - 30' Berths available, Clyde.
Cruising, racing, maintenance facilities. Go take a look, you know you want to.

Return to “Passages and Places”