Crinan Transit next W/E

Tell us where you've been, trade information
ash
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: Moody 346

Re: Crinan Transit next W/E

Postby ash » Tue May 26, 2009 8:49 pm

I don't think that Bob will be able to get on line from Windermere before the event - so an update.

I believe that the latest plan is that they will be making a move on Friday so I expect that the Crinan Transit will now be Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun.

I had hoped that we could have shared a bottle of red on their way north, but unfortunately I need to work on Thursday evening.

Keep an eye out for Seminole - she may not have a BM burgee but don't hold that against them.

Ash
"This is a sailing Forum"
Albin Vega "Mistral" is now sold

So_Sage_of_Lorne
Old Salt

Postby So_Sage_of_Lorne » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:07 am

We were walking from Crinan on Saturday afternoon and chanced upon Seminole in relax mode tied to the bank. The report was that Bob didn't approve of relaxing and had cycled off in the direction of Lochgilphead for something to do!
I will not stay young forever but, I can be immature for the rest of my day's!

Falkirkdan
Master Mariner
Boat Type: snapdragon 24

Postby Falkirkdan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:00 am

So_Sage_of_Lorne wrote:We were walking from Crinan on Saturday afternoon and chanced upon Seminole in relax mode tied to the bank. The report was that Bob didn't approve of relaxing and had cycled off in the direction of Lochgilphead for something to do!

Should you not have been out playing on BH?

aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace

Postby aquaplane » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Friday evening we spent at Dunardry bridge. Saturday lunchtime we tied up at Crinan Bridge and stayed there O/N!! SE force 4/5 sounded good for waft up towards Mull to me but a quiet night was voted for by Skipper, and he has the only vote.

I'm sorry to miss you SSL, we must have been in the dingy at Crinan.

We were flying a BM burgee, I forgot to take it down and it's still at Tayvallich.

There was a fine lookin yat at Loch Melfort YH on Sunday night that looked familiar, just off the pontoon.

Cuan sound is quite interesting, never been through there before. We had a walk to the TnT on Monday night from Puilladobhrain, it was quiet so we only stayed for a couple.

We had cracking weather all week, it's been wonderfull.

The 7 hour drive home is a bit of a downer even if the rain and snow on the hills (in June) confirms it was a good decision to come home a couple of days early.
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

Return to “Passages and Places”