Anchoring in Easdale

Tell us where you've been, trade information
Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Anchoring in Easdale

Postby Silkie » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:35 pm

Fancy a pint or six at Ellenbeich later this week but the Lawrence pilot is uncharacteristically reticent about about the qualities of Easdale as an anchorage. Presumably a no-no in NW winds, would anyone care to comment on it's suitability or otherwise for an overnight stop?

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Easdale Sound

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:38 pm

Bottom is slate and swinging room is a bit limited, so holding is not great.

Anchor off the end of the slate pier, or pick up the Eilean Eisdale mooring off the W end of the old steamer pier (ruins of). They say a donation is appreciated, but it is unlikely anyone will come out to collect it.

I would say anchor up to F3-4 and not in N or NW as it is gusty - otherwise pick up the buoy.

How much later in the week are you planning this debauch?
- Nick 8)

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Weekend plans

Postby Silkie » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:16 am

Coming up on Thursday evening and returning Monday evening so 4 days to play with. Plan A included a run out to Coll/Tiree but the tides don't seem favourable for quality time ashore en route. So after an evening with pilot, tide tables and forecasts I am, if anything, further from a firm plan than before I started!

Ellenbeich has been on the hit list since I heard about the micro-brewery and is by way of a fragment of a plan B. Are you sailing this weekend?

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Weekend

Postby Nick » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:05 am

1st mate and I are both off to the Clyde first thing Sat to go on separate boats . . .

Will you be inthe Oysterbrewery tomorrow (Thurs) or on Friday? Will try to drop over for a pint and discuss charts, ale and the state of the nation.

- Nick
- Nick 8)

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 am

We'll probably be too late arriving to get anywhere on Thursday. Friday is a possibility since it doesn't look as if the wind is going to take us very far or fast.

I don't have a 'phone yet but my crew will. If you want to PM your numbers I can call if it looks likely.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Easdale visit

Postby Silkie » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:49 pm

We anchored and moored as it turned out. Read the whole story in the latest blog entry. I'll definitely be going back now that I've figured out where the channel is!

Return to “Passages and Places”