Interesting Topic in TOP

Tell us where you've been, trade information
Aja
Old Salt
Boat Type: Moody 346

Interesting Topic in TOP

Postby Aja » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:20 pm

Nick is moaning about lack of use here.

Who can fill in moorings within easy drive of the central belt for keeping a boat. In time we may want to have two moorings - one at Kames and one t'other side of the Mull.

Tayvallich has always been a favourite of mine.... I obviously didn't put in all the wee places a mooring could be laid on the other forum, being a totally selfish git.

Loch Creran is also a wee favourite. What about Ballahulish (sp?) ?

Donald

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:47 pm

Ballachulish is a very sheltered spot for a mooring. Silkie was based there when I bought her. However I'm reliably informed that it's easy to get fed up sailing up and down Loch Linnhe.
different colours made of tears

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:14 am

I've had my name down for a mooring at Tayvallich for some time now and appear to be going backwards with it.
naturally they prioritise local residents, then 2nd home owners, then the postie, the RBS mobile bank, the undertaker, the butcher fae Lochgilphead and if there's any space left - anyone on the list who has asked. I find myself in this category but I think beyond an epidemic and possibly terrorist action - I'll have swallowed the anchor by the time my name gets near the front.

Same with the lagoon at Ardfern.
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

aquaplane
Admiral of the White Rose
Boat Type: Jeanneau Espace

Postby aquaplane » Thu May 17, 2007 4:42 pm

My parents have a mooring in Tayvallich and I can confirm that the harbour quango can be a bit unhelpfull. The old folks are knocking on a bit and Tarbert is more matched to their energy levels now.

They have threatened to sink any moorings not used for 2 years and re alocate the moorings to their mates, sorry, folk on the waiting list.

I would love to use the mooring but after my experiences in the Clyde last year I think I'll stay this side of Kintire. It might get a bit boring sailing up and down Loch Sween with the odd dash to Ghia if it's fine. Aparently the mooring is not transferable within the family, I wonder if that rule applies to locals too?
Seminole.
Cheers Bob.

Return to “Passages and Places”