CC08, boat rental and winter heating allowance

Forum for those participating in the Chentleman's Cruise 2009, April 30 - May 4
tcm
Old Salt

CC08, boat rental and winter heating allowance

Postby tcm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:11 pm

I have gotten this 43DS (Deluxe Shed) booked for the first long w/e in May. The boat costs £1500 for the weekend, and sleeps um, about eight, so i reckon that it should be about 187quid each. I owe ljs 80quid so it's 107 quid from him. Perhaps people with government grants could get them paid early? Or has it all been spent several times over?

Anyway who's coming? I make it me, para, claysi, muzzy, ljs and possibly bignick coming up by private jet.

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:01 pm

Will the Muz and I send you a gregory?
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:04 pm

claymore wrote:Will the Muz and I send you a gregory?

Yep but it can wait till may.

ParaHandy
Old Salt

Re: winter heating allowance

Postby ParaHandy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:59 pm

erm .. gregory .. will VII ponies do?

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:06 pm

ParaHandy wrote:erm .. gregory .. will VII ponies do?

I am guessing the laird is using made-up rhyming slang relying upon the link gregory Peck - cheque. Is a pony 25 quid? or is it fifty?

ParaHandy
Old Salt

Postby ParaHandy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:40 pm

tcm wrote:Is a pony 25 quid? or is it fifty?

aye .. 25 ... same as the 4 legged numpty cost at cheltenham last week and still hasnae finished ...

BigNick
Master Mariner

Postby BigNick » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:50 pm

um.... nobody got back to me so Ive sort of made other plans ... which could be changed.

what's the grand plan? Like where and when should i get the plane to land and how far is it from there to the yot?

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 am

BigNick wrote:um.... nobody got back to me so Ive sort of made other plans ... which could be changed.

what's the grand plan? Like where and when should i get the plane to land and how far is it from there to the yot?

Grand plan? Um, well, we float about off oban for a few days, possibly sailing, possibly reaching tobermory this time or not, and definitely going to the pub. The main aim of the weekend is to hunt down a boat called Shard and overtake it, or even better, sail around it in circles.

The yot is near Oban, rented from alba sailing. I was planning to look up their address on google, plug the postcode into the nav system and point car in that direction.

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:46 pm

There's an airfield just nearby. If you let us know what time you are landing we could all sit around in deckchairs wearing sheepskin jackets and flying helmets and shouting "tally-ho"
Regards
Claymore

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:06 pm

claymore wrote:There's an airfield just nearby. If you let us know what time you are landing we could all sit around in deckchairs wearing sheepskin jackets and flying helmets and shouting "tally-ho"

http://www.sedberghofficeservices.com/t ... mments.php

Jolly good show. Looks like Jerry's having the day off.

jim.r
SWS
Boat Type: Moody S38

Postby jim.r » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Golly gumdrops, the balloons just gone up ... sorry BickNick's just taken off ..

tcm
Old Salt

Postby tcm » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:03 pm

More usefully, a flight to glasgow er I mean Glasgie, and then get picked oop is a possible? Somebody has to get ljs also ariving that way, and since claysie will also be whistling past that way he mite be persuaded to stop off as well.

claymore
Admiral of the Green

Postby claymore » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:23 pm

I would need to consult with Carruthers who will be loading the portmanteux.
Would the honourable gentleman have dined or would more pate need to be provided?

Carruthers is a bit of a stickler and will need the detail otherwise Shap will be a frostier place than usual.
Regards
Claymore

BigNick
Master Mariner

still thinking about it.

Postby BigNick » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:42 pm

having done some research today, getting to Glasgae is the easy bit - jump on FlyMaybe from Southampton, choice of 3 flights per day, about £100 round trip.

Then it would be 3.5 hours on the chuffing train including 3 changes before the right one for Oban, or get into the City then 3 hours on a train and taxi to marina. Not too bad getting there, but totally wipes out Monday to get home again.

Then I found its a lot easier, and not too expensive to rent a Ford Fucus at the airport and drive straight to marina. It allows a lot more flexibility on leaving the boat to come back.

Being a hard working man, could take one day off, i spose, but its looking like a load of dosh, travelling and aggro right now. Need to know the actual days and times to make any further plans.

Having said that, I really want to sail on the west of Scotland because I've heard so much about it, and to enjoy the company. Not sure about the skipper though, he's not used to sailing tippy boats, with only one engine, these days.

jim.r
SWS
Boat Type: Moody S38

Postby jim.r » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:49 pm

look at Ryan Air flights from Bournemoth to Prestwick, can be cheap if you've no luggage to check in.

Return to “CC 2009”