Weather In Al-Khobar

Forum for general chat / discussion on weather related issues
BlowingOldBoots
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 41C

Weather In Al-Khobar

Postby BlowingOldBoots » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 pm

It's a bit parky in Al-Khobar at this time of year and one needs a pullover at night. Outlook, rather dry for the foreseeable future, little change.
BlowingOldBoots

What time does the 24hour garage close?
http://www.rivalowners.org.uk

BlowingOldBoots
Old Salt
Boat Type: Rival 41C

Re: Weather In Al-Khobar

Postby BlowingOldBoots » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm

It rained last night which was relatively interesting. The advantage of the rain is that brings a lot of dust down which after the rain evaporates leaves a film on my vehicle. This makes it easy to see if someone has being tampering with the vehicle. However, that wasn't the highlight of the day - I experienced an earth quake! You know when you are bored at your desk and decide to see how long you can hold your breath for and you get this slight swaying whooshy feeling, it was like that. The swaying stopped (I am on the 13th floor of a glass clad skyscraper) and I thought that's weird, I wasn't holding my breath when the second wave came through. The blinds wobbled in the window and this time it was obvious. Now, I have been trained in what to do in this sort of event having lived in an earthquake risk area, so I moved away from the window and got ready to get under a desk if a big one comes through. Now your average Arab is not that worldly wise about natural things, being more interested in mobile phones and faux renaissance french furniture in finest cracked eggshell with mock gold leaf painted MDF but they do live in a state of readiness for Judgement Day. Well, there is a mass exodus towards the lift shafts and off they go shaking and quaking in their sandals, down to the basement car park and off to the mall for some retail therapy. That was the last I saw of them for the rest of the day. Needless to say the building didn't fall over or sink into the sand.
BlowingOldBoots

What time does the 24hour garage close?
http://www.rivalowners.org.uk

lady_stormrider
Sailing Widow
Boat Type: Wooden Mirror hull no:4359

Postby lady_stormrider » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Parts of Scotland are experiencing the same....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-22184774
Poly Navicular Mobus is now down to 35 ft

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Postby Telo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 am

It was 30º in Bilbao the other day. Too hot. IMHO.

Return to “WeatherChat”