February 2009

What's new on BlueMoment
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

February 2009

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:09 pm

I've been very busy recently with new web design work, so have not had as much time to spend on BlueMoment as I would like.

New stuff done recently on the site:

The server the forum is on crashed three mornings in a row recently and had to be restarted. Examination of the logs indicates that there are too many bots crawling and research indicates msnbot is a greedy wee blimey when it comes to resources, so it is now banned from crawling the forum. Situation is being monitored, but if the forum continues to grow then it may have to be moved to another server. Silkie, regular backups please.

Have decided to sell advertising at the top rhs (where the YotBlog ad currently is) to help defray expenses - either one single company or possibly a banner rotation as at the top rhs of the main site. No landrover pop-ups though . . . it shouldn't interfere with your posting pleasures.

Festina Lente press release added. I really would like a Discovery . . .

First Aid page updated - all links now working, any new suggestions for URLs welcome

Affiliate links to TMI updated - affiliate scheme now working, so any purchases made through these ads helps keep the site going

Thanks everyone who has voluntarily topped up their previous burgee payment. New burgees at £16 still available HERE.

Please remember that there is more to this site than the forum, and your feedback re. broken links etc is always very useful.
- Nick 8)

Pete Cooper
Old Salt
Boat Type: Micro Gem 550 Super Yacht

Re: February 2009

Postby Pete Cooper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Your link to the First Aid Page disnae work - you have a surplus semi colon.

Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

Re: February 2009

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Cheers Pete.

I had already spotted that and edited it for the post in 'Shooting The Breeze', but forgot to copy it here.
- Nick 8)

Return to “Site News”