FAQ

What's new on BlueMoment
Nick
Admiral of the Blue
Boat Type: Albin Vega 27

FAQ

Postby Nick » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:51 am

THE PM SYSTEM

:?: Is the PM system working? I still have messages in my Outbox, I can't seem to send them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:idea: The main difference on here is that messages stay in your Outbox until they are read by the intended recipient, then they transfer to your Sentbox.
- Nick 8)

sahona
Admiral of the White
Boat Type: Marcon Claymore

Postby sahona » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:35 pm

I've been chatting about Claymores quite happily over the last few days
http://trooncruisingclub.org/ 20' - 30' Berths available, Clyde.
Cruising, racing, maintenance facilities. Go take a look, you know you want to.

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet
Boat Type: Hurley 22

Postby Silkie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:57 am

POST COUNT

:?: My post count isn't increasing - it's the same on all my posts.

:idea: The forum is a database and it assembles each thread as you click on it. The post count is always your total number of posts (so your first post will show the same number as your most recent) but it does increase each time you post.
we can be heroes

claymore
Admiral of the Green
Boat Type: Claymore

Postby claymore » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:26 am

My inbox seems to be filling up nicely - I don't like emptying it as I am a natural hoarder - you should see my garage....
Regards
Claymore
:goatd

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Dear Mr Claymore,

Your boxes are maintenance free on BM. Once they reach 50, each additional message will delete the oldest one so if you have any PMs which you particularly cherish you should move them to your savebox, although this also holds only 50.

HTH

TAASC

This is no longer true as you've probably all noticed already.
we can be heroes

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:44 am

WELTANSCHUNG

:?: Why is this such an even-tempered forum?

:idea: As far as possible, we afford each other the benefit of the doubt. (Well, apart from Claymore, obviously)

This is still true - mostly.
we can be heroes

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:17 am

POSTING PICTURES

:?: How can I include a picture in my post?

:idea: Your image needs to be hosted on the web on a site which allows linking. The url of the image should then be wrapped in img tags within the body of the post thus: [img]yourpicurl[/img]

Most go for a free Photobucket account. If you choose PB you upload your pics by clicking Choose files after selecting your desired image size from the Reduce to drop-down box. This isn't right now either but you've nearly all figured it out for yourselves as far as I can see.) 640x480 does not stretch the forum but will not display your treasured image to best effect, see ADVANCED PICTURE POSTING to follow at a later,(while not strictly inaccurate this is clearly optimistic, at best) unspecified, date.

Click on the box labelled IMG code below the thumbnail of the pic you wish to post and PB will copy the whole IMG string to your clipboard so that you only need (It no longer does this. You now need to ctrl+c after selecting the img box prior) to ctrl+v at the desired point within the body of your post to place the image. If you've got it right the image will display in Preview mode.
we can be heroes

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Re:

Postby Silkie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 pm

EMBEDDING VIDEO

:?: How can I stream a video in my post?

:idea: When you are composing your post you will see three buttons labelled YouTube, google and photobucket immediately above the editing window. Click on the appropriate button for your video host, since video has to be hosted elsewhere as do photos, and you will find your cursor in the appropriate position to paste the url of the page which contains your video. Each of these hosts thoughtfully provides this for you somewhere on the page.

The forum software does the rest for google and photobucket videos (although it's so long since I've used either that I really must check if they still work) but YouTube videos need an extra step. Edit the url you've pasted in so that it reads //uk.youtube.com instead of //www.youtube.com.

And that's it.

The management are confident that users of these forums will not attempt to "push the envelope" with regard to the use of this wonderful feature. Retribution will be swift and severe.
we can be heroes

Telo
Admiral of the Red
Boat Type: Vancouver 34 Pilot

Re: FAQ

Postby Telo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:00 am

Are we nearly there?

Pete Cooper
Old Salt
Boat Type: Micro Gem 550 Super Yacht

Postby Pete Cooper » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:46 am

Where can I find the FAQ section?

Silkie
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Silkie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:16 pm

UNREAD POSTS

:?: How can I go straight to the first new post in a thread?

:idea: When viewing a list of topics within a sub-forum, clicking the little orange flag immediately to the left of the title of a topic with new posts will take you straight to the earliest post you have yet to read.
we can be heroes

Return to “Site News”