Wiring vhf to Chartplotter

What's new on BlueMoment
bootneck
Midshipman
Boat Type: caravela 25

Wiring vhf to Chartplotter

Postby bootneck » Sun May 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi could anyone help I have a standard horizon vhf in my boat, I have just acquired a North Star Chartplotter the wiring description is in the manuals but don't seem to match up what I'm trying to do is wire it so the vhf displays the boats position the vhf wiring is as follows. yellow nmea gps input +. green nmea gps input- White nmea dsc output + brown nmea dsc output- the plotters wiring is what I find confusing its. Black ground power in nmea ground. Brown power out 9v doc not used. White nmea out Blue navbus - Red. + power in 10 to 16 v doc. Orange. Navbus. +. Yellow. Auto power in. Green External alarm out. 30 v. doc 200. Ma. Maximum hope someone can help I'm totally baffled. Regards. Steve

wully
Yellow Admiral
Boat Type: sailie boatie

Re: Wiring vhf to Chartplotter

Postby wully » Sun May 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Good luck!

On my last boat I had a Standard Horizon VHF with the AIS screen which on its own was next to useless but I did eventually manage to get it to talk to the Garmin GPS Map 550 after giving up on the conflicting instructions in the VHF and GPS manuals..

Some nice guru on T.OP. Told me how to wire it and all was sweetnesses and light.

Return to “Site News”